New big boiler build

Where users can chronicle their builds. Start one thread and continue to add on to it.

Moderator: Harold_V

dwilloughby

Re: New big boiler build

Post by dwilloughby »

Try Vance Nickerson. I believe he is in the Houston Area. I also believe he is a member of the Southwestern Live Steamers.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Mike Walsh wrote:Ray Pennell of Steam Age USA was in Texas, but he passed away a while back.
Ray had a couple of younger guys working for him. It's too bad they didn't take over the business or start up on their own.

Steve
Oktrainboys

Post by Oktrainboys »

Thanks a bunch for these latest recommendations guys, I will follow up on these. Mike
Mike Walsh

Post by Mike Walsh »

SteveM wrote:
Mike Walsh wrote:Ray Pennell of Steam Age USA was in Texas, but he passed away a while back.
Ray had a couple of younger guys working for him. It's too bad they didn't take over the business or start up on their own.

Steve
I think they tried a few boilers after Ray's passing, but that didn't last long... Don't quote me on that.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Mike Walsh wrote:
SteveM wrote:

Steve
I think they tried a few boilers after Ray's passing, but that didn't last long... Don't quote me on that.
One of my Friends got a boiler built post-Ray. Yes, there were problems and issues.
And my Mikado boiler was built immediately post-Ray. It is sound and useable, but not exactly as I requested.
Valerie (Ray's widow) told me she had problems getting the guys to follow her instructions, which contributed to closing the business.
Too bad as Ray and Valerie built competent boilers and ran a stand-up business.
~RN
dnevil

Post by dnevil »

Have you tried Vance Nickerson?

Daris
Daris Nevil
IBLS Secretary
North American Region
http://www.ibls.org