Tender Build

Where users can chronicle their builds. Start one thread and continue to add on to it.

Moderator: Harold_V

Pontiacguy1

Re: Tender Build

Post by Pontiacguy1 »

That would be Tom Artzbarger. He used to live in Wisconsin, but moved to Colorado. Did you buy his 2-8-2 tank engine? That thing was a real powerhouse for its size. I've seen it run down at Mid-South once and it was a good performer.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

OK. Back to the build. But first...:

Got delayed again because out Subaru was totaled around us this past Wednesday. Got sandwiched between two trucks inside a tunnel!!!! Even the Troopers were amazed we walked away with minor bruises and abrasions. Vehicles on both ends of us got serious citations. We just get injuries, bills for the other insurance Co. to pay, a new car, and the aggravation of dealing with this. First auto accident in 50 years of driving and I have no wish for a repeat. Instant violence, and lingering trama.
Building steam locomotives is a fabulous recovery treatment. Back to the tender.

Got the water inputs screened with bronze screen and brass wire. Got the hand pump mounted on a plate so it is installed and aligned with the tender water hatch opening.
Tender H2O filters copy.jpg
I got the interior coating ("Raptor" brand) installed per the instructions. This worked well.
Tender Coating 1 copy.jpg
Tender Coating 2 copy.jpg
Tender Coating 3 copy.JPG
Finished all the hand rails, Foot Boards, and the reverse light tower fabricated, painted and all installed.
Tender Done 2 copy.jpg
Continued in next posting
~RN
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Final posting (maybe...)

Got the lettering and striping completed, and it looks good! I'm pleased.
Tender Done 4 copy.jpg
Tender Done 1 copy.jpg
Also rebuilt the roll-around loco stand to reach the higher bed of the new p/u truck.
For the first time the tender and loco are together. Inspiring to me!
Loco+Tender 2 copy.jpg
That about does this tender project. There will be additions of a drop-in oil bunker per prototype photos (actually a tool & supply storage area).
Also wiring to the rear light, and other final details.
It's been rewarding to get this tender built to this degree.
More later,
~RN