SP NG Diesel #1 (GE 50T) - Triennial or Bust

Where users can chronicle their builds. Start one thread and continue to add on to it.

Moderator: Harold_V

rkcarguy

Re: SP NG Diesel #1 (GE 50T) - Triennial or Bust

Post by rkcarguy »

Glad to see you are back working on the build and congrats to your son.
The #35 stuff should serve you well, and there is a lot to choose from between the industrial and kart racing worlds. They even make split sprockets that can be changed at the hub(at the axle) without pulling anything, they run about $9 each. I've ran them behind a 15HP world formula motor on a kart for 3 seasons now with no issues in 4-cycle heavy, at 435#'s kart and driver, topping out around 55mph. If you went this route along with an adjustable motor mount or tensioner, you'd be able quickly adjust your gear ratio for speed or pulling power.
Broken Knuckle

Re: SP NG Diesel #1 (GE 50T) - Triennial or Bust

Post by Broken Knuckle »

senorgilamonster wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:16 am thx. My son (finally) got into med school - White coat (induction) ceremony tomorrow and 1st day of class is on Monday.
Congratulation for the hard work of your son. It was sad not to see you at the Triennail after following your thread. We had a great time. Towed back a few brake downs and worked in the back shop helping people get back on the track. BBQ's, potlucks and late night cocktails made the week fly by. Hope to see you in three years, come party with us.
I'm retired now. If it's not fun, I'm not gonna do it. :mrgreen: