Some Little Baloney

Where users can chronicle their builds. Start one thread and continue to add on to it.

Moderator: Harold_V

JBodenmann

Some Little Baloney

Post by JBodenmann »

Hello My friends
Here is some little baloney that I made up for a friend's project. This is definitely what I would call "A delightful little puzzle". An exersize in brass and silver solder. A funnel for an inch and a half scale tender. This one is a bit different than most as the lids have an offset where they overlap the adjacent lid. I guess this was to keep coal and cinders out of the tank, which would have made the injectors and feed water system unhappy. This engine was definitely a very large coal burner and earned it's keep hauling the stuff. These hinges will be available as a casting set soon.
Too much fun!
Jack
Attachments
Funnel1.jpg
Funnel2.jpg
Funnel3.jpg
Funnel4.jpg
Funnel5.jpg
SteveM

Re: Some Little Baloney

Post by SteveM »

Fabulous!

Steve
NP317

Post by NP317 »

I try to avoid processed meats, but that baloney I would go for!
Beautiful. As usual.
RussN
diddler

Post by diddler »

Nice work
Greg_Lewis

Post by Greg_Lewis »

NP317 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:37 am I try to avoid processed meats, but that baloney I would go for!
Beautiful. As usual.
RussN

But this is the prime rib. :!:
Greg Lewis, Prop.
Eyeball Engineering — Home of the dull toolbit.
Our motto: "That looks about right."
Celebrating 35 years of turning perfectly good metal into bits of useless scrap.
ccvstmr

Post by ccvstmr »

Jack...super details...fantastic workmanship. Beginning to think you have a magic wand. When you close your eyes and wave your wand... something magical appears in your shop. That, or you have some extremely talented gremlins in the shop that are super busy at night while you're sleeping! LOL. Thanks for inspiring the rest of us to show the hobby world what IS possible! Carl B.
Life is like a sewer...what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!
I don't walk on water...I just learned where some of the stepping stones are!
I love mankind...it's some of the people I can't stand!
Asteamhead

Post by Asteamhead »

Hello Jack,
In short: You're simply the Master of brass :) !

Asteamhead
Berkman

Post by Berkman »

Love how it looks!

Jack do you have a website or catalog of the various detail parts you offer?
JBodenmann

Post by JBodenmann »

Hello My Friends
Thank you very much for your most generous compliments, they really mean a lot to me. One way to think about parts like this is sort of a chess game. You have to think several steps ahead. The part that required the most brain cells was most likely the hinges. Like said earlier, you have to think it through. Another thing, the more things you make, the easier it gets. You have to do this stuff on a regular basis to be good. These are perishable skills, use it or loose it. I had a steady punch the clock sort of job for many years and didn't do any model building. When I started in building models again I was very rusty. It was a real struggle for a while. But you know what, it's never easy. You have to really focus to do work like this. If I'm tired, or just not feeling right, forgot it.
As to a catalog...I consider them to be a great responsibility. Everything in the catalog should be available, now! I have seen catalogs that were half wet dream. Oh, I don't have any of those because the pattern needs to be re done. Or this one, "The foundry is jerking me around". Thats a good one, I have heard that a number of times, well have you paid the foundry bill? And then there are guys with businesses that think because it takes twenty years to finish and engine you won't mind waiting a year or more for your part. So I don't know if I will have a web site or catalog. Now I will most likely always have some goodies available. But I plan on retiring and pulling in the old shingle in precisely 14 months. The months are marked on the calendar. Time is the most valuable thing, and I don't know if I want to spend any on making and selling things. I am really looking forward to just goofing off. Finishing the railway, running tiny locomotives with my friends, and completing up some of my own projects. Too much fun!
Jack