3/4" scale Juliet and CNO&TP Ms-4

Where users can chronicle their builds. Start one thread and continue to add on to it.

Moderator: Harold_V

Stuie

Re: 3/4" scale Juliet and CNO&TP Ms-4

Post by Stuie »

More photos.
Attachments
old number plate
old number plate
012.JPG
3/4" scale LBSC Bantam Cock
3/4" scale B4 project (re-designed LBSC Juliet)
- Stuart T. Harrod -
Stuie

Post by Stuie »

Once again here comes another cad update! I have a good amount of items crossed off my list for just six days of work! I managed to finish the Pilot truck, Hodges trailing truck, front frame casting, both of the side rods, both of the main rods, cross head guides, the rear piston cylinder head and the rear piston valve head. I feel like I have accomplished a good amount. The hardest parts were the Pilot truck and the trailing truck. I did have drawings for the Hodges but unfortunately they were for a different and earlier version so I had to make some modifications based of of my Ms-4 drawings and photos of Southern power with the Hodges trailing truck. Fortunately scaling down the RRSC drawings for the pilot truck was not that hard! Now I have to finish the boiler and work on the rear frame. Wish me luck!
Attachments
right side side rods
right side side rods
side rods on
side rods on
pilot truck
pilot truck
rear view of the side rods and main rod
rear view of the side rods and main rod
Hodges trailing truck
Hodges trailing truck
- Stuart T. Harrod -
Steamingdanny

Post by Steamingdanny »

solidworks or inventor?
Stuie

Post by Stuie »

Autodesk Inventor. I have been able to learn how to use it all by myself in my free time without any help so far and I only got it last fall! There are a few features that I still do not know how to use unfortunately. To name one would be the tube and pipe feature in assemblies. It is something I will definitely need some time soon and I have had no success with it so far. Hopefully I figure it out soon!
- Stuart T. Harrod -
Stuie

Post by Stuie »

Wow it has been a while since I last posted here! I have finally gotten back to machining parts for the Juliet! On Thursday, I started machining the axle box casting. it probably would have been smarter to machine them from solid, but I had the castings laying around. Right before I left for my camp at Michigan Tech, I was just in the process of drilling the holes for the axles. everything else is finished, so there is not too much left to do on them!
Attachments
20130704_175538.jpg
20130704_173439.jpg
20130704_173415.jpg
20130704_175545.jpg
20130705_132715.jpg
- Stuart T. Harrod -
RICHK

Post by RICHK »

Hello out there,
Would anyone care to share drawings for the Hodges trailing truck?
I have the stuff William Fitt published, however I wonder if there might be something more detailed.
Right now I will need to scale a lot of the piece parts from Fitt's assembly drawings.

Thanks
Rich