Erie K5a Pacific

Where users can chronicle their builds. Start one thread and continue to add on to it.

Moderator: Harold_V

kenrinc

Re: Erie K5a Pacific

Post by kenrinc »

Just in case anyone missed it, I'm reposting this from the TM thread.....

Ken

jmurray

Post by jmurray »

Brian, Awsome Job on your Pacific, Being able to build in short order, and run for days, track on rough track, and maintain traction is a testement of your machinist skills, and Little Engines designs! It was a blast running my 0-4-0 around you at Neols Saturday and to watch 20+ cars being pulled up the grades. Congrats!
C&O EMD F7A 24vdc Locomotive(Museum Trains)
Chessie diesel switcher(5hp Free lance design) 0-4-0
Pine Grove Vineyards Davenport (Ride-Trains)Switcher 0-4-0
Wolf Run and Tambine Clishay 0-4-4-0(Bob Maynard design)
Mack Loco
http://www.neols.net (NorthEastern Ohio Live Steamers)
hondavt@windstream.net
Brian Tusin

Post by Brian Tusin »

Well the running season is done for the 2938. It has been a very fun summer of running the engine with next to no issues. So far the engine has been to Train Mountain, Northeastern Ohio Live Steamers, Mill Creek Central, PA&W, and the Canton St Paul and Pacific. The engine has way exceeded my expectations. I never thought it would perform this good with no modifications. Now it is time to start working on the engine again and I will try to keep the thread updated with my progress. Here is a video from Sunday at the Mill Creek Central. Again a huge thank you to Brian Keim, if it was not for him helping me build the engine and letting me use his shop I would never have been able to build the locomotive, Mike Venezia for selling great castings and advice, Andy Pullen for work on the cylinders and drive wheels, and Marty Knox for making an awesome boiler!

Brian
GS14403

Post by GS14403 »

Now, that is one sweet sounding locomotive.

Donald
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

Thank you for the kind words!

A
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.