Kozo K-27 build thread

Where users can chronicle their builds. Start one thread and continue to add on to it.

Moderator: Harold_V

Mountaineer

Re: Kozo K-27 build thread

Post by Mountaineer »

I'd be most interested if someone has done a design for a 100psi working pressure copper boiler for Kozo's K-27. I too enjoy running engines at that pressure :-)

Mountaineer.
dalemast

Post by dalemast »

Thanks Marty It was not all that bad to build ! If you follow Kozo plans it all goes together Very nicely .The only problem I had was getting it hot enough .I could not heat it with LP like Kozo said I had to use acetylene Plus an lp burner . Was actually A very interesting project to do . Thanks all
10 Wheeler Rob

Post by 10 Wheeler Rob »

Don't be too modest, there is a lot of talent involved in silver soldering a large copper asembly like this.

Rob
LVRR2095

Post by LVRR2095 »

Marty_Knox wrote: I had correspondence with Kozo on those very issues. He doesn't realize we're a nation of hot rodders, we want everything bigger, better, and faster!
Not just because we are hot rodders, on average we weigh a bit more than your average Japanese citizen.
I know my 3/4" scale locomotives are a lot happier hauling my ponderous bulk at 100 psi.

Keith
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

Did some looking around. Found Don Young's design for his 3 1/2" gauge Lucky 7 is fairly close to a K-27's. And is designed for running at 90 psi. Can easily use 6" K type standard seamless copper tube. The jacket should be able to hide differences from prototype I think. Comments?

And on a related note, any idea where to get 4 1/2" and 5 1/2" 10 gauge seamless copper tube? Used to be available.

Mountaineer.