Barber Vintage Motorsport Museum, Birmingham AL

In this forum, users are encouraged to share great places to see in their area. Please be sure to list Name of the venue, City & State, Operating hours, a review and a web link if possible. The intent is so that those planning a trip or visiting your area might be interested in visiting! Pictures of the venue are also welcome.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Rex

Barber Vintage Motorsport Museum, Birmingham AL

Post by Rex »

I don't ride motorcycles, but I love the engineering in them.
This museum has one of every 2-wheeled motorized cycle ever made, lovingly restored and beautifully displayed. The building itself is a 5-story work of art. They also have a nice collection of Lot us cars.
And it's right next to one of the finest road courses in the country.

It's right off I20 East side of Birmingham AL, well worth the stop.

https://www.barbermuseum.org/
Bill C

Re: Barber Vintage Motorsport Museum, Birmingham AL

Post by Bill C »

It is a great place to visit. I got to go thru in 2001, when they were still in a big warehouse in downtown B'ham. I'm a true gear head, but not really into bikes and it was still an extremely memorable visit! Highly recommended, thanks for posting the link!

Bill C.
duckman903

Post by duckman903 »

Rex I must disagree with you they do not have 1 of every bike made, when in the UK in 1972 I bought the builders original #1 bike he had built many more but this was the first one, it was a DiFazio Falcon with center hub steering, I called and offered it barber's but they said that they had one NOPE they had a water buffalo DiFazio, but I digress the bike has found it's way back to the UK and it's original bike shop.
Rex

Post by Rex »

I guess that's the exception that proves the rule. or something like that.