HGR industrial surplus. Euclid Ohio

This forum is intended for users to share places/vendors/surplus centers etc., to visit of machining/metalworking interest. Please be sure to list Name of the venue, City & State, Operating hours, a review and a web link if possible. The intent is so that those planning a trip or visiting your area might be interested in visiting!

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Zerobeat

Re: HGR industrial surplus. Euclid Ohio

Post by Zerobeat »

In case anyone is thinking of going to HGR on a Saturday, they've changed to one Saturday a month (the second Saturday), and they are now open until 2 on those days.

Just a heads-up.
Errol Groff

Post by Errol Groff »

Some photos from a visit to HGR in 2013.

http://neme-s.org/2013/Western_Reserve_ ... _socie.htm
Errol Groff

Retired Manufacturing Technology Instructor

Webmaster for New England Model Engineering Society
http://www.neme-s.org
rrnut-2

Post by rrnut-2 »

Liz and I went to HGR Friday. WOW!!! Unfortunately, we brought the car not the truck.

I was going to buy a hydraulic lift table for $400, but the shipping was $515 to NH. No Thanks.

Jim B
fonzy

Post by fonzy »

HGR is just 12 min. East of my home...When I go there it is in my Van [min] or our Co.'s 24' stake bed truck [max]
1969 Logan 1875 POWERMATIC 10" lathe, 1996 HF "MILL DRILL" Both with 20 year+ accumulative tooling!
Horz/Vert bandsaw AC/DC Stick Welder small wirefeed welder Oxy Acety Weld/cut ect.,
SEE MY INFORMATIVE VIDEOS AT http://www.youtube.com/user/alpho52
choprboy

Post by choprboy »

I recently tried to buy from HGR after oggling for a few weeks... but I had to cancel the order. They wanted $250 to ship a 100lb chuck across the country. Is this normal? I get a standard crap UPS shipping rates and it only cost about $150 to ship 140lbs in the other direction. You just have to be in the area or are they trying markup thru shipping?
LIALLEGHENY

Post by LIALLEGHENY »

HGR is making extra money by shipping their machinery. I think that is how they help make up for the low prices some things sell for. Expect to pay at least double what it really should be. I bought a hydraulic pump unit from them a while back , shipping cost was extremely excessive.

Only way I will buy from them again is if i can pick it up myself, or arrange my own shipping .

Nyle
rrnut-2

Post by rrnut-2 »

I think the extra that they charge is to pay for their shipping dept. I have bought a plasma cutter from them and the actual UPS charge was $38 but they charged me $150 for shipping.

Jim B