PNW fall meet for Metalheads and livesteamers.

Please list any upcoming events in your area that would be of interest to our members. Remember to give City, State, dates of the events and any other particulars. Reviews would be great! The intent of this forum is so if members are visiting your area, they might be able to take advantage and visit the event.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Glenn Brooks

PNW fall meet for Metalheads and livesteamers.

Post by Glenn Brooks »

I’ll be hosting a Seattle Metalheads end of summer meetup at my house in Woodinville last of August or early September. All PNW Live Steamers, metal workers, hobby machinists and/or blacksmiths are welcome to attend. Actually anyone that happens to be in the area will be welcome.

Activities to include:

Potluck All day BBQ in the backyard,
Steam up and Train rides aboard my coal fired 12” Ottaway backyard railroad
Maybe a smoked pig roast,
Metal workers swap meet and greet,
Model engines display, if anyone wants to bring stuff to display

Seattle Metalheads is a regional PNW on line forum consisting mainly of small machine shop operators, hobby machinists, some foundry folk, backyard blacksmiths, and a variety of artists and craftsmen working in metal. Some for fun, Some for profit. No matter. All are welcome.

Should be some interesting cross over with the PNW live Steam coommunity. I will be inquiring about having some 7.5” gauge live steam trains on display, curtousy of the Kitsap Live Steamers. Also will be giving steam engine train rides on my recently completed 12” gauge coal fired 4-4-0 Ottaway.

More details coming as to time and date, latter in the week.

All are welcome. Bring a food dish or a Locomotive to display!

Glenn B.
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
Glenn Brooks

Re: PNW fall meet for Metalheads and livesteamers.

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Here is our updated event schedule for the PNW Metalheads meetup, steamup, and swap meet. Please RSVP me if you plan on attending.

DATE: Saturday, September 15, 2018
TIME: 1:00 pm to 5:00PM
Woodinville, Wa 98077

UPDATED EVENT SCHEDULE:

9:00 AM - Noon - Set up

Noon - 5:00 PM - Meetup, BBQ Potluck, Swapmeet

12:00 - 2:00 PM: Live Steam Locomotive Firing Demonstration

12:00 - 5:00PM: G scale Live Steam Locomotive Display - Richard Wurdack

1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Aluminum Casting Demonstration - Jeff White

1:30PM - 2:00 PM: Kenetic Sculpture Demonstration - Stephen Jenro

2:00 - 2:30 PM : English Wheel Demonstration - Bill Wentworth

2:30 - 3:00 PM: 3-D Metal Printing Demonstration - Daniel and Sergey

2:00PM - 4:00 pm Miniature Train Rides - Glenn Brooks

DISPLAYS:
- Wrench Bench Display, Thomas Nicholson
- Kinetic Sculpture Display, Stephen Jenro
- 1904 12” gauge Miniature 4-4-0 Locomotive, Glenn Brooks
- 1/3 rd scale, 7.5” gauge Hunslet Quarry Steam Locomotive, Conrad Wayne
- Garden Scale live steam Locomotive, Richard Wurdack
- Hobby Machine Shop, Antique Machining Equipment: 1919 Dalton 7x48 lathe, 1940 Burke Horizontal Mill, 1939 Atlas 7” Shaper, 1920 Otto- Canedy 21” Camelback Drill Press
- Husky Tailgate Vehicle - F 450 Ambulance Conversion- Jon Brooks

Potluck BBQ

Please bring a main course, salad, or Desert for the potluck food line. If coming from out of town, particularly across the border, a case of store bought soda or bottled water would be great!

also please bring a chair, two or three if possible.

Thanks
Glenn

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Glenn Brooks

Re: PNW fall meet for Metalheads and livesteamers.

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Here Ye! Here Ye! Here Ye! Come one, come all. We’re in the final countdown to our fall, live Steamers-Metalheads Seattle area meetup and potluck BBQ and meetup. Next weekend is the big event. Saturday actually, noon to 5pm, in Woodinville, Wa.

If you are in the neighborhood, or Canada, and would like to attend, please stop by. So far I’ve received about 75 RSVPs. We have some scheduled demonstrations of an English Wheel Metal forming, casting demo, axe throwing, an amazing ambulance conversion into a Football tailgating machine, and live steam train rides aboard a 12” gauge Ottaway, coal fired Loco. Also likely a small swap meet, and probably a metal shorts exchange/free grab and go table.

Full details and location in my previous post.

Thanks much,

Glenn