12" working railroad

Discuss park gauge trains and large scale miniature railways having track gauges from 8" to 24" gauge and designed at scales of 2" to the foot or greater - whether modeled for personal use, or purpose built for amusement park operation or private railroading.

Moderators: Glenn Brooks, Harold_V

Forum rules
Topics may include: antique park gauge train restoration, preservation, and history; building new grand scale equipment from scratch; large scale miniature railway construction, maintenance, and safe operation; fallen flags; track, gauge, and equipment standards; grand scale vendor offerings; and, compiling an on-line motive power roster.
rkcarguy

Re: 12" working railroad

Post by rkcarguy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:58 am

Here I've got the hydraulic motor bracket fit up to the truck for the S12. I need to install the sprocket and weld the bracket to the cross-tube so the motor and sprocket/hub is centered within the truck. The cross tube will remain bolted in, and I'm going to weld a 2 bolt clip to the bracket that will bolt to the bolster. This will allow removal and modifications of the bracket, or changing it outright for a different drive system if needed down the line.
S12truckhyd.jpg