Arborway, T.T. and NW Closed

Discuss park gauge trains and large scale miniature railways having track gauges from 8" to 24" gauge and designed at scales of 2" to the foot or greater - whether modeled for personal use, or purpose built for amusement park operation or private railroading.

Moderators: Glenn Brooks, Harold_V

Forum rules
Topics may include: antique park gauge train restoration, preservation, and history; building new grand scale equipment from scratch; large scale miniature railway construction, maintenance, and safe operation; fallen flags; track, gauge, and equipment standards; grand scale vendor offerings; and, compiling an on-line motive power roster.
User avatar
RussellCofIdaho
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Arborway, T.T. and NW Closed

Post by RussellCofIdaho » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:11 pm

holtSteamer wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:44 pm
Check out https://woodsvalleyfarm.com/ for more information.
Wow, that IS a spectacular place!

No, I will not be asking the price but I will continue working on a national railway preservation society with an endowment to purchase and preserve such things.

As I said on a post on another forum 'what's $1000 between 10,000 friends? A $10,000,000 plan!'
Russell Courtenay
Idaho - USA
unknownidaho.wordpress.com
Big trains and big dreams...

Mike Walsh
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 10:14 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Arborway, T.T. and NW Closed

Post by Mike Walsh » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:01 am

RussellCofIdaho wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:11 pm
holtSteamer wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:44 pm
Check out https://woodsvalleyfarm.com/ for more information.
Wow, that IS a spectacular place!

No, I will not be asking the price but I will continue working on a national railway preservation society with an endowment to purchase and preserve such things.

As I said on a post on another forum 'what's $1000 between 10,000 friends? A $10,000,000 plan!'
And a whole lot of guys trying to run the show....

Harold_V
Posts: 17139
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2002 11:02 pm
Location: Onalaska, WA USA

Re: Arborway, T.T. and NW Closed

Post by Harold_V » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:12 pm

Mike Walsh wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:01 am
RussellCofIdaho wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:11 pm
holtSteamer wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:44 pm
Check out https://woodsvalleyfarm.com/ for more information.
Wow, that IS a spectacular place!

No, I will not be asking the price but I will continue working on a national railway preservation society with an endowment to purchase and preserve such things.

As I said on a post on another forum 'what's $1000 between 10,000 friends? A $10,000,000 plan!'
And a whole lot of guys trying to run the show....
Heh!
Shades of my 1½ years of working for United Precision, a machine shop (now defunct) in Utah. Nine guys started the business so you answered to nine different people, each pulling in their own direction. Worked like a pig on stilts.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.

User avatar
RussellCofIdaho
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Arborway, T.T. and NW Closed

Post by RussellCofIdaho » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:24 pm

Harold_V wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:12 pm
Mike Walsh wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:01 am
RussellCofIdaho wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:11 pm


Wow, that IS a spectacular place!

No, I will not be asking the price but I will continue working on a national railway preservation society with an endowment to purchase and preserve such things.

As I said on a post on another forum 'what's $1000 between 10,000 friends? A $10,000,000 plan!'
And a whole lot of guys trying to run the show....
Heh!
Shades of my 1½ years of working for United Precision, a machine shop (now defunct) in Utah. Nine guys started the business so you answered to nine different people, each pulling in their own direction. Worked like a pig on stilts.

H
Professional corporations don't work that way, they have elected officers with defined responsibilities, shareholders with voting privileges and clients and or customers who choose to use that company. If everything is not specified from day to day operating responsibilities to 'exit strategy': when you close the doors, it is doomed to failure. Even cooperatives do this.

I'm sorry, anyone who doesn't run a company in a responsible fashion should be removed from any position of responsibility.
Russell Courtenay
Idaho - USA
unknownidaho.wordpress.com
Big trains and big dreams...

mspetersen
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: Arborway, T.T. and NW Closed

Post by mspetersen » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:06 pm

Well the price is listed at $12.5 Million, so I guess I need to dig a little deeper in the seat cushions for some more loose change. https://www.landleader.com/property-sea ... O&combine=
Mark Petersen

12" x 36" Logan Lathe
Lagun FTV-3 Mill

Post Reply