Real Trains products

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

wbarbe

Real Trains products

Post by wbarbe »

Are Real Trains trucks still available from anyone? I saw a new web page for them but didn’t see any product listings
Thanks
Howard Gorin

Re: Real Trains products

Post by Howard Gorin »

I am trying as time and energy allows to restore at least some of the Real Trains product line.
I did not purchase the business. I purchased the remaining inventory. The former owner did not
replenish inventory in some time, i.e. years. I was forced to move my existing business and shop, purchase a
building to house it. The building required major work before it was useable in additional
upgrading of the electric service and removing deficient electric wiring and defective circuit breaker panels.
Presently I am recovering from a serious illness`. My own website themachineryworks.com
was hacked. As time allows I am trying to build a new website. I will attempt to answer questions.
my email address is hgorin@ix.netcom.com
Regards, Howard Gorin
Soot n' Cinders

Post by Soot n' Cinders »

Weren’t they bought by Roll Models Inc? I think they absorbed their product line, at least the narrow gauge stuff
-Tristan

Projects
-2.5" scale Class A 20 Ton Shay

Steam Siphon: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/leavitt ... tive-works
Howard Gorin

Post by Howard Gorin »

Roll models received the large scale products.
Also the rail business
Regards, HG
Soot n' Cinders

Post by Soot n' Cinders »

Howard Gorin wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:47 pm Roll models received the large scale products.
Also the rail business
Regards, HG
Good to know! I didn’t realize they didn’t take the 1.5in scale and smaller equipment. But makes sense since they specialize in 2.5in+
-Tristan

Projects
-2.5" scale Class A 20 Ton Shay

Steam Siphon: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/leavitt ... tive-works
Howard Gorin

Post by Howard Gorin »

I purchased the 1.5" scale parts inventory. The former owner did not replenish much inventory, I received what he did not sell.
As time and energy allows I am trying to put my shop back together and restock some RealTrains parts.
Regards, HG