BLS, LS or BS

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

timmy wheeler

Re: BLS, LS or BS

Post by timmy wheeler »

Steve Bratina wrote:You had your choice of Spam and eggs, Spam, Spam, Spam and eggs, toast with Spam.....ah, you get the idea. I had The pancakes though!
What, no baked beans?
illigitimi non carborundum
redneckalbertan

Post by redneckalbertan »

I think that's the way it should be Chips.
steamup

Post by steamup »

In 1949, Diesels were still the new kid on the block. There just wasn't the fan base yet. Was it really an intent to exclude or simply an effort to ensure standards in the Hobby so all could enjoy?

What is really in a name anyhow? While some purist names exist, I have been to different "Rod and Gun Clubs". Some have rods and not guns. Some have guns and no rods. One I know of has a primary focus of social life in the clubhouse. Nobody is clamoring to re-define their names.

FYI the Moose club isn't about hunting or caring for moose's.
John_S

Post by John_S »

ChipsAhoy wrote:"Just build one part at a time, make it correctly, make it over and over if you have to, when it is right, set it aside and build the next part...I can't do it for you, but I can help, one day you will have a fine steamer."
This is really the only way to build such an intricate working model. If you sit and think every day, "This thing has hundreds or thousands of parts, there's no way I can do that!" then you never will. Break it down into smaller, digestible chunks and you'll realize that it can be done. Once you really get into the mindset it goes a lot faster than you realize.

I wish I'd taken even more photos of my build than I did. There are quite a few parts that I don't even remember making/machining!
redneckalbertan

Post by redneckalbertan »

If there are 1000 parts to be built and you build one part a day, it will be finished in 3 years.
ChipsAhoy

Post by ChipsAhoy »

And one step further, there are some track where "Steam only" is the rule.... I aspire to someday be able (invited) to 'visit' one of those with my steam engine, then return to home track and entice more to "come up thru the ranks" I want to believe that those with "Steam Only" are not anti-everything else, just that there is a time and a place. I completely understand that if one spends so much time, so much frustration and so many dollars to make as close as possible to a time correct period piece, they would like to operate it in time correct period place, without weaving in between dinosaurs, mickey mouses, and Thomases.
So, my thoughts regarding the original post, having reference to Live Steam in a name MAY indicate to some that this is a channel, as it does to me.

IMHO