Drawings for Royal Hudson?

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

hollahan

Drawings for Royal Hudson?

Post by hollahan »

Anyone know of a source for dimensioned drawings for Royal Hudson 2860?

Thanks,
Jon
Highiron

Re: Drawings for Royal Hudson?

Post by Highiron »

John C if you can get hold of Carr locomotive works up in Canada he built a beautiful model of it
TrainLarry

Post by TrainLarry »

Contact information for Carr's Locomotives can be found here. http://www.steamingpriest.com/suppliers/locomotives/
The website is no longer in use.

Larry
Steve Bratina

Post by Steve Bratina »

Try contacting the Museum of Science and Technology in Ottawa Ontario. They probably have what you are looking for.
backyardrails

Post by backyardrails »

The Museum of Science and Technology in Ottawa is closed for this year. I emailed them. Renovations happening.
Bernie
redneckalbertan

Post by redneckalbertan »

There used to be links between Carr's Machining and Carr's Locomotives, a number of years ago, and I think they used the same phone numbers, but I am not 100% of that.
http://www.carrsmachining.com
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

ExpoRail, in Delson, outside Montreal has, I believe, all the drawings you wish. They are the National Railroad Museum, and have an extensive library of CNR and CPR plans. I'm certain, the "Royal Hudson" is amongst them. They do have a charge for drawings.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
ivatt260

Post by ivatt260 »

I've been mildly looking, too.

I did, for the BC group that got 2860, act as a local liaison between the group and the Museum here in Ottawa. They have the CPR collection.

They (at least did) produce a "modellers package" as the index of drawings I have (had?) is rather complete and nobody but a fanatic would want all of the drawings. I'll see if I can dig it out, but it might have gone to the person who spearheaded the restoration of 2858's cab fairly recently. (the contact at the museum itself - Antony Pacey has retired as far as I understand, and, no, I don't know the status of the drawing collection. Some mould in buildings; closed for roof repair; and I *think* the drawings are in the closed building, but absolutely fine)

Related small world story - I had a female student working with me during that time, who had a boyfriend in school in Utah. One day she reads email and says "are you the one emailing my boyfriends' father about train drawings?" Boyfriend was from BC, studying in Utah, and, somehow, they all figured out that his father and yours truly were discussing CPR drawings!
hollahan

Post by hollahan »

Thanks for the info guys. In the meantime, my son has gotten off his rear and contacted the group that has the locomotive now (WCRA?) and they claim to have the drawings. Not ready to start yet anyway, just doing the research.

Thanks,
Jon
Optik

Post by Optik »

any Update on the drawings from BC?

Just wondering for myself

Also some drawings can be found here
http://www.cptracks.ca/cpsig/index.html

Free
Jordman

Post by Jordman »

I used to be a member of the wcra. They have the 2860 endowed to them. I have been told they have drawing for 2860. After bcrail sold her the wcra took posession of everything they had. Spare parts etc. the drawings they have may not be orriginial however as she was rebuilt extensivly in the 70s prior to being put back in service. Then it was again rebuilt once wcra took posession. However they do have an extensive archive. They woul be your best bet for copies. Iv also wanted to build one. If i ever learn machining.

On another note i grew up going to work with my dad. Back in the goo old days. He was for a time an engineer on 2860. I spent many days sitting on his lap in the hogger seat of that train:)