leaking Railroad Warehouse brake valve

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

photopro

Re: leaking Railroad Warehouse brake valve

Post by photopro »

I wanted to follow up on this thread and let you all know that I installed a set of Teflon sliders in the RR Warehouse brake valve last week and tried them out this last weekend. I'm happy to report that the brake valve worked just fine all day long with no leaking or any other type of problem that I could detect. What a relief - this is the first time I've had at least one reliable brake system since I put the engine in service.

Now I've got to address the steam ejector which is still not functioning properly for the vacuum brakes on the tender and rest of the train. I'll start another thread for that one. It's only pulling 5 inches of vacuum and sporadically at that.
Erie 2662

Post by Erie 2662 »

Periodically my ejector gets crud in it. Luckily it's not too hard to remove to clean. (blow with shop air) The bad part is it fails when everything is hot.
photopro

Post by photopro »

I tried all the cleaning techniques that have been proposed by readers of my ejector problem and finally called Railroad Supply. They have agreed to replace it because of known problems with a batch of them from the time period in which I ordered mine. I'm happy with that response and am hoping that will take care of the issue. I know quite a few people with this ejector that are very satisfied with their performance.