Small Scale Meeting at LALS in July

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

gwilson0704

Small Scale Meeting at LALS in July

Post by gwilson0704 »

I was just wondering who is planning on coming to the Small Scale Meeting in July at LALS? Had a good turn out at the Spring Meet and wanted to see if more are come to this event. The crew has been working on the repairs with the track and would like to see a good turn out as well.
DJSteamer3017

Re: Small Scale Meeting at LALS in July

Post by DJSteamer3017 »

gwilson0704 wrote:I was just wondering who is planning on coming to the Small Scale Meeting in July at LALS? Had a good turn out at the Spring Meet and wanted to see if more are come to this event. The crew has been working on the repairs with the track and would like to see a good turn out as well.
I'm planning on going and being out there on Sunday
The 1" Scale Junkie ... But steam of all sizes is cool with me!!
"If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney
sabin

Post by sabin »

I'm going to be there with my narrow gauge stuff.

Jim
JBodenmann

Post by JBodenmann »

Hello My Friends
When is the small scale meet?
Jack
cp4449

Post by cp4449 »

National Small scale only meet. July 24-26 at LALS. Anyone with 3.5"/4.75" gauge is welcome to run on the track. If you have a 2.5" gauge locomotive you can bring it and we will all ogle.....

This weekend is also a LALS movie night and potluck on Saturday. Participants in the SSM are invited to attend the movie at the Disney Barn. I will try to find out what movie.

There will be night running, a chili lunch or dinner, and good times to oggle at each of our play toys.

If you have not been to LALS before the small scale track is inside the 1.5 scale track. I will make sure the track is clean, and I have plans for my kids to tow a flat with a watering can set up to dampen the ROW. You can bring solid fuel locomotives. Camping will be allowed.

Matt Mason and I look forward to see anyone who is interested to come out to run. Please try to come, and is there any questions to be answered, please do not hesitate to ask.

PS- I will find out the status of our gauge one track that is being built.

PPS-next yearsNational Small Scales Meet will be held at St. Croix Live Steamers. The date is forth coming
Christopher P. Mahony
Los Angeles Live Steamers
1 inch scale member
Ray Cadd

Post by Ray Cadd »

I will attempt to be there- have quite a bit of family business to take care of right now, regarding my mom's trust.
Ray Cadd

2.5" scale Allen Chloe saddle tank
2.5" scale RMI switcher
2.5" scale LE "Crab"
4.75" ga. O.S. "Koppel"
3.5" ga. "Fanny"
asst. ga1...
aopagary

Post by aopagary »

cp4449 wrote: PS- I will find out the status of our gauge one track that is being built. ...
kind of curious myself. any update on the progress?
cheers...gary
cp4449

Post by cp4449 »

I was down there yesterday. There is no construction going on with the gauge 1 track
Christopher P. Mahony
1 inch scale member
gwilson0704

Post by gwilson0704 »

I thought at the monthly meeting a couple of weeks ago they said the gauge 1 stuff maybe arrive in Aug.
not 100% positive.
mattmason

Post by mattmason »

Leaving at 4 am from Sacramento on Saturday to be there by 10:30 in the morning. Be there both days. It's gonna be a blast!
Matt Mason
cp4449

Post by cp4449 »

I can not give a reason, but there seems to be no movement on the gauge one track. If Bob Crone is there ask him.
Christopher P. Mahony
1 inch scale member
cp4449

Post by cp4449 »

Attention all who are coming to the SSM at LALS this weekend:

Friday I will be there in the early afternoon making sure the tracks are clean, the switches lubed, and working on my locomotive.
I am not spending the night

Saturday: Matt Mason will be there about 10 am. I will be there about 8:30 to 9. Everyone is welcome to come and run. I will make sure the roundhouse is open for photos. Try to bring your own riding car. LALS does have 3 flats with seats for guests, and we now have 4 riding cars made by the Chippewa Northwestern Railway also.

As to food: Lunch you are on your own. There are several restaurants and pubs from Carls Jr, to Cuban, to high priced joints in the area, or we could all pool in for some good pizza (not Dominos....) to be brought in. I could be persuaded to cook for us all, but I would need some $$$ to do that.

Dinner: There is a club Pot Luck and movie at the Disney Barn that night. popcorn and sodas at the movie. I am trying to still find out what the movie is. Either way, night running!!!!

Sunday is a regular club public riding day. 7.5" gauge stuff will be running.

The kitchen will be open for coffee and donuts in the am, the our classical trained chef, master of the grill at both Langer's Deli (the best pastrami in Los Angeles) and LALS will be creating classic faire at noon.

Yes you can set up tents/trailers for camping (you and the skunks, raccoons, occasional coyotes, rats, and deer in Griffith Park). the gentle sound of the FWY in the background, like a stream in the forest....

Any questions do not hesitate to pm me.
Christopher P. Mahony
1 inch scale member