GGLS President Jim Dameron Passes !!

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

keyrouteken

GGLS President Jim Dameron Passes !!

Post by keyrouteken »

Very sad news, folks !!

October 29th: It is with a heavy heart that Beth Dameron, daughter of GGLS President Jim Dameron, announced that he has passed away today.

Memorial services will tentatively be held in November, probably in Tracy, California and as more information is received, it will be passed on to the membership.

Pat Young
GGLS secretary

Courtesy of: KEN SHATTOCK
IBLS
Postwarbob

Re: GGLS President Jim Dameron Passes !!

Post by Postwarbob »

Ken There will be a celebration of Life for Jim this coming Saturday at the Tracy Elks Lodge .The address is 6400 West 11th Street in tracy Ca, 95304.
Bob Morris GGLS
jessebanning

Post by jessebanning »

I wish I could make it. I can't say enough good things about Jim. He took me under his wing over 20 years ago. He always answered my calls (every day) and was always in a great mood. He and a few others from GGLS inspired and motivated me to do what I do today. Jim will never be forgotten and always in my heart. Until we meet again my friend...
www.banninglocomotiveworks.com

www.littleengines.com
steamfreak22

Post by steamfreak22 »

This is hard one for me. Mr. Dameron and I have shared an uncountable number of precious memories. During the most difficult time of my life, he served not only as a friend, but as a fatherly figure in addition to several others including our own Postwarbob. My heart goes out to Jim's family and friends. I will miss him more than words can describe. I want to thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for everything you have done for me.
-David Waterman