A Live Steam Project Comes To Life

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Bruce_Mowbray

A Live Steam Project Comes To Life

Post by Bruce_Mowbray »

I wanted to share the first breaths of a live steam project I have been working on full time for the past 5 years. This locomotive, the Baldwin Locomotive Works #26, has had every part inspected and reworked or replaced if necessary. All brought back to original specs and a few pieces better than they were when the locomotive rolled out of the Eddystone shops. There are a few bugs that still need to be squashed, like that uncooperative compressor governor, but the locomotive ran as good as it did when it was new from the factory.

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzGSWodOYkU
Bruce Mowbray
Springville & Southern RR
TMB Manufacturing & Locomotive Works
SilverSanJuan

Re: A Live Steam Project Comes To Life

Post by SilverSanJuan »

Congratulations to you and the whole team, Bruce. She looks and sounds outstanding! Thanks for helping to bring this piece of living history back to life.

Todd
Asteamhead

Post by Asteamhead »

Both great job and location!
Nothing compares to real prototype size ...
Congratulations!
Asteamhead
NP317

Post by NP317 »

That's just Beautiful!
I have experienced - several times - the thrill of engineering a freshly re-shopped locomotive out of the shed and into the sunlight. Those events remain highlights of my life. -The culmination of many individuals' hard work and dreams. Way to go!

There is another slope-back tender 0-6-0 undergoing restoration at the Northwest Railway Museum, in Snoqualmie, Washington: the former Northern Pacific Railway #924, . Info is available on the Museum's BLOG. Scroll down toward the bottom of the present chapter. http://www.trainmuseum.blogspot.com/
Earlier BLOG chapters detail the work done so far.

Built in 1899 by the Rogers Locomotive Works as their serial number 5425, #924 is one of only 20 known surviving Rogers Locomotives. The restoration crews at the NRM have completely fabricated a new tender tank, including hot-riveting it together! The new tank is now mounted on the tender frame, riding on trucks dating from long-gone NP 4-4-0s. Quite an historic relic, that will look great polishing the rails in the Snoqualmie Valley.

A great National addition to the #26, now operating at Steamtown! Well done, Bruce, and crew!
~RN