New Allen Models website

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

tyleire

Re: New Allen Models website

Post by tyleire »

Congrats Mike and Steve. That beautiful website sets a new standard for the hobby.
Pontiacguy1

Post by Pontiacguy1 »

Site looks great. On the Chloe page it lists the bore and stroke as 1 1/4" x 3 1/4". I know that last part is a typo.

I also know that a popular upgrade for the Chloe locomotive is the use of a larger 6" boiler. I know that mine has the larger boiler. In the future, you might want to make a drawing and list this as an option for the locomotive.

Thanks for doing this webpage. It looks really great and represents the line well.
Harlock

Post by Harlock »

Pontiacguy1 wrote:Site looks great. On the Chloe page it lists the bore and stroke as 1 1/4" x 3 1/4". I know that last part is a typo.

I also know that a popular upgrade for the Chloe locomotive is the use of a larger 6" boiler. I know that mine has the larger boiler. In the future, you might want to make a drawing and list this as an option for the locomotive.

Thanks for doing this webpage. It looks really great and represents the line well.
Thanks for finding that one. It's 2 1/4 not 3 1/4. Fixed now.

A 6" boiler as with the Fitchburg does make it a more practical engine. If I were doing my Chloe over again that's what I would do. A drawing for it is a possibility - many other things to complete first. One of the things that Steve wants to do is put part #s in all the drawings. Not all locomotives have part numbers listed next to the drawings for that part, and sometimes that can get confusing when you're trying to figure out what is what as far as if there is a casting or stock available from Allen. Steve is trying to provide as much raw material as possible for each locomotive outside the boiler. There are some laser cut parts coming as soon as that spools up.
Live Steam Photography and more - gallery.mikemassee.com
Product Development and E-Commerce, Allen Models of Nevada
Ray Cadd

Post by Ray Cadd »

Mike- super nice! Exactly what the hobby needs- a well designed, highly intuitive website with 21st century functionality. Best to the new owner in carrying on the tradition that Gene started. Oh, feel free to add pics of my Chloe when you get that page up and running. :idea:
Ray Cadd

2.5" scale Allen Chloe saddle tank
2.5" scale RMI switcher
2.5" scale LE "Crab"
4.75" ga. O.S. "Koppel"
3.5" ga. "Fanny"
asst. ga1...
Steve Alley

Post by Steve Alley »

Hi Steve Alley here

I what to Thank all that has wrote in on the new web site for the great comments. Much appreciated.

I had this web site in my head for some time but had no one that I came across to do it. I knew the look and the features of it. After two months and few calls I had no one that was on board to do the work. One night I went to bed and it hit me, Mike Massee but can he do it was the big question. So I made the call. Mike answer the phone I said "This is Steve Alley" and ask the big question, "Mike I have this Allen Models web site"--- He said before I could get the rest of it out." If I only have 15 minutes on the site I could make some great changes." Sooo I says how about a hole lot of more time then that, I need some one to replace it will some thing like this. One hour later on the phone call, we went over all sorts of way it could look. But mostly it was as I describe to him. So folk's now you know the rest of the story. I was bless with Mike work and his know age and mostly his skills. Its still work in progress but coming along as it goes.

You know what is missing with this hobby is the older is passing it on to the younger. But there has been a big loose in the process. I hoping to bring back to the hobby the free info and practice of the past on how to build Locomotives. You as- well how are you going to do that. One this site hopefully will show how the raw casting look to the finish part, but most importantly is how to hold the part and what machinery need to do the part and tooling. I know this will be my way that I did it and there is other ways. So in build log this is where those comments are needed.
There also will be a spot on the Allen Models web site for customers Locomotive picture. This will give the looky lu a place to get ideas of what they may like to add to there Loco's. O also for those to show off there pride and joys. Just share.

Keep Steaming
Thank You All
Steve Alley