buying 1" scale parts

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

backyardrails

Re: buying 1" scale parts

Post by backyardrails »

Of course! Forgot about John. I should get the 1" castings for the 0-4-0 "Dinky".
gwilson0704

Post by gwilson0704 »

I have not forgotten Friends Models, he has some great castings and plans but I am interested trying to obtain location to buy track pieces. If I can't get track there is no reason to con't my locomotive or any other train plans. I do like the suggestion that everyone has given. Thank you
gwrdriver

Post by gwrdriver »

gwilson,
If this would be of interest, I have three cartons of 4.75" gauge plastic ties. They measure 8.5" long, 3/4" wide, and 1" deep, and are marked "Sessums & Slaqle" (Jack Sessums perhaps?) There are 500+ pieces counted and I still have one carton to count. Looks like enough for 125ft+/-. Contact me off-board if you are interested.
GWRdriver
Nashville TN
mattmason

Post by mattmason »

PM Sent.

I never saw the dual gauge frogs from Real Trains.

The rail and switch components from Real Trains were all from Jack Sesseums. It was al 1/2" high rail he used on his track and movie shoots. Peter sells the 5/8" high rail, that would also go with Mike's LE rail if he still has the die, so you can also contact him. I can supply you with 5/8" rail joiners. They are not extruded but are stamped with slotted holes.
Matt Mason
JohnK

Post by JohnK »

Thanks for the mentions.

The 1" scale stuff is temporarily off the Friends Models website as I improve/streamline the site and also get the designs 100% online.

http://www.friendsmodels.com

Thanks,
-John K.
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

Call Peter Nuskie he has it in stock. 5/8" high will do the job as will 1/4" x 3/4' HRS. Track before engine or engine before track, which comes first?
steamer
Howard Gorin

Post by Howard Gorin »

I do not know how the story got started that the 1" scale rail and accessories were thrown out.
I have the 1" scale frog patterns.
The 1" scale rail extrusion die that makes 1/2" high rail and the die that makes the extrusion for the rail joiners is at Paramount Extrusion.
The die that makes the 1.5" scale rail and the die that makes the extrusion for the rail joiners is also at Paramount.
RMI took the stamping die that converts the rail joiner extrusion into rail joiners both for 1" and 1.5" scale rail.
:D
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

So? your point is you have rail or not? he could care less who has the tooling.
steamer
Howard Gorin

Post by Howard Gorin »

Don, I have the patterns for the frogs.
RMI has the rail in all sizes in stock.
No sense in my going into the rail business when Mike sells rail