Smaller Scale Tracks in MI?

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

dbyam

Smaller Scale Tracks in MI?

Post by dbyam »

Does anyone know of 5"/4.5" outdoor tracks in Michigan, or nearby? Perhaps Marty can answer this question.
Thanks for any information you have. Doug
James Powell

Re: Smaller Scale Tracks in MI?

Post by James Powell »

Nearby? Well, to the east, Milton Ontario there is 4 3/4" (not 4.5" -- PLEASE NO!), and even further east in Ontario @ Kingston, 5". There is also 4.75" at Richmond Hill Live Steamers, no 5" in spite of what you might read elsewhere. (it's all been removed, there used to be 5" on the ground & 4.75 raised). There is also 4.75" at Hamilton.

There are possibly a few private tracks around- but where is an open question. I'm not sure if there is one somewhere west of London, there used to be the Sun Parlour lines in Windsor, but I don't know the current status (or gauges) of it. Perhaps Steve Bratina has contact info?

James Powell
dbyam

Post by dbyam »

Thanks James, no doubt I will stick with the 7.5" projects!
Doug
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

Continuing with the "not so nearby", also in Ontario there is the 3-1/2 and 4-3/4 elevated track at Komoka (London) and soon to be completed after a re-location is a 3-1/2 and 5" also elevated track in Lindsay. Regards, Mike
Marty_Knox

Post by Marty_Knox »

I was at St. Croix for the small scale meet. There used to be a 3 1/2"/4 3/4" track in Saline, but it was lifted 12 or so years ago. I don't know of any others. NEOLS has an elevated track in Medina, Ohio. That is the closest one I know of.