2017 Florida Winter Meets have Started

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

JohnHudak

Re: 2017 Florida Winter Meet Dates

Post by JohnHudak »

ccvstmr wrote:John...headed down to FL last year with a friend to check out some of the Winter meets. We hit 5 tracks over an 8 day period. Many tracks allowed us to stop by...even if our visit was outside the scheduled meet dates. Didn't see too many vendors set up to sell wares, but ran into a few vendors at the various tracks. We were in a constant state of...travel...unload...run...load...travel...unload...etc. And then, throw in a hardware store loco repair job at the first stop. Still, we had a great time! Worst part, we got down there (1st stop was Boots)...and the temps were down in the 30's. WHAT? We thought we left that stuff behind in Chi-town! It warmed up a couple days later. Nice break in the action from the upper mid-West. If you've never been down in that part of the country...go for it! There's lots of 7.5" gauge railroading to see...and a lot of nice people to meet! Carl B.

Thanks Carl, I guess not only do I need to make sure the weather is OK for the drive down, I need to see what it's going to be down there too...
John
SZuiderveen

Post by SZuiderveen »

Is there anyone coming from the Midwest/Midsouth toward the end of the week of Feb 5 (9,10,11) who would consider picking up a caboose at Scott Lindsey's for some extra gas money? I will be running at Cap'n Boots all week and staying in Ocala right next to I-75 until early Feb 13.

Steve
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

The Florida Fun Begins
FLtenwheeler wrote:There are so many great tracks in Florida that we had to extend the dates into March.

North East Florida Live Steamers February 1 to 5, 2017

Big Boots & Western Railroad February 6 to 12, 2017

Largo Central Railroad February 10 to 13, 2017

Manatee Central Railroad February 17 to 19, 2017

Ridge Live Steamers February 23 to 26, 2017

Central Pasco February 26 to March 5, 2017

North East Florida Live Steamers March 9 to 12, 2017
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
jamesjgould

Re: 2017 Florida Winter Meets have Started

Post by jamesjgould »

Please look at my post about the Plum Cove Mini-Meet at Pasco's CP&G RR. It is gonna be fun !
0-4-0
4-6-0
4-4-2
4-4-0
2-6-0(2)
5 batt elec
44 cars rolling stock
2400' 7 1/2" track
jamesjgould

Post by jamesjgould »

And don't forget the March 17th thru 19th meet at Sebring Systems. Nice private track and great people !
0-4-0
4-6-0
4-4-2
4-4-0
2-6-0(2)
5 batt elec
44 cars rolling stock
2400' 7 1/2" track
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

Hi All

I was not able to make it to any other tracks this year due to projects at the Ridge Live Steamers Track.

As of today most of the campers have arrived and are parked. It is very tight this year. The steaming bays have been seeing activity for the past 2 weeks and will most likely be full on Saturday. I have been setting up the vender tables and cleaning up the area. It looks like it will be a great meet. I will post pictures.

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
Highiron

Post by Highiron »

Central Pasco & Gulf in Crews Lake Park, we had a great turn out with many visiting stem, gas/ hydrurlic and electrics.
we had several amateur and professional photagraphers and video folks on hand early and we even had a pro in with a drone shooting following footage of trains.

the Disney day saw a record attendance and some major announcements for the upcoming year

below is a you tube vidoe link Paul Keiser and I were asked to do a series of run- bys for the photo/video guys here is a clip of My Alco Hudson and Paul-s Alco Northern working hardzee you all next year

enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds0srJR ... e=youtu.be