New Bettendorf Freight Truck Kit from Allen Models

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Harlock

Re: New Bettendorf Freight Truck Kit from Allen Models

Post by Harlock »

All; The special $150 + $20 shipping price per truck until Dec 25 can now be had directly on the website. Simply add to your cart, set quantity and check out.

Note that if you pick the spoked wheels, the price will be a little higher. With the default spiral back wheels or the solid back wheels it is $150.00.

Cheers,

-Mike
Live Steam Photography and more - gallery.mikemassee.com
Product Development and E-Commerce, Allen Models of Nevada
NP317

Post by NP317 »

I just received 8 new spiral-backed wheel castings. They are excellent quality, and I look forward to making C.I. chips soon.
A nice addition to the Allen line.
~RN
Steve Alley

Post by Steve Alley »

We are working on a brake kit for this and all other Trucks that Allen Models sells. These will have a brake cylinder mounted in the center of car to operate both trucks. Single cylinder with the levers and action rods. Truck kit price has not been set and will make a release here and post a connection to the site.
Steve Alley
Allen Models of Nevada,LLC
Steve Alley

Post by Steve Alley »

Still have a lot of these Bettendorf Truck kits in stock. You have a chose of three different wheels to chose from. Easy to machine and comes with the drawing plans. Just go to www.allenmodels.com and look under trucks. Another thing a lot of people are miss about the site is, if you click on a section group and look on the left at the parts and prices. You just click on the wording or description of the part will bring up more views of the parts. Next run the mouse courser over the part and it magnifies the parts. This is handy and you get to see the quality of the part. Thank You all. Steve
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Harlock wrote:
jcbrock wrote:Could we learn what type of cast iron are these cast in? Ductile, gray, white, malleable?
It is #30 gray iron.

Cheers,

-Mike
The new cast irons parts I've machined so far have all been heat treated, and machined easily and uniformly, with no voids or hard spots.
Well done.
~RN