blow down valve for 3/4"scale engine

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

squandt

blow down valve for 3/4"scale engine

Post by squandt »

I have been looking for print's to make blow down valve for my 3/4" scale 4-8-4. I have The Live Steam Book by L.B.S.C., have looked all over the net for any print's to study, so I here I am asking the great collection of live steamer's if anyone has print's or know's were I may find them. I have a small machine shop,so making them will be no trouble, the boiler I have is steel,so any pipe thread is ok, I have yet to drill for boss's. Any help would be great.
stay on the shine side of the rail
Builder01

Re: blow down valve for 3/4"scale engine

Post by Builder01 »

I have a drawing for a 1" scale blow down valve. If you think this could work for you, or, you could adapt it, send me a PM and I'll send you a copy.

Probably a blow down valve for any 3/4" scale loco would work. I assume you have no drawings for anything?

David
Wayne Davis

Post by Wayne Davis »

There are plans for an everlasting blowdown in LBSC's Shop Shed & Road by Martin Evans. This looks like it would be the right size for a 3/4" engine. The valve body is 7/8" diameter.

Wayne Davis
elm53

Post by elm53 »

Steaming Don makes a dandy blowdown valve ,left or right hand..for 3/4" scale. They open and close nice and sharp.