Industrial plumbing supply in North Jersey

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

jlakes85

Industrial plumbing supply in North Jersey

Post by jlakes85 »

Can anyone recommend a spot for industrial plumbing supplies in northern NJ?
jlakes85

Re: Industrial plumbing supply in North Jersey

Post by jlakes85 »

Bump
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

What are you looking for?

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
mspetersen

Post by mspetersen »

while not in New Jersey, we do ship anywhere and have a detailed website: http://www.valleyhydraulic.com
Mark Petersen

12" x 36" Logan Lathe
apm

Post by apm »

McMaster Carr is in Robbinsville NJ and has to be one of the best in the whole world! The other one that is also prettygood is Zoro, they are Grainger's online division, their website sucks to search so search your parts in Grainger's site than copy paste the part number into Zoro and often you get it for 30-50% less. Zoro also offers free shipping on orders over $50, I had to buy some insulation for the boiler, the stuff came in 3x6 boxes that were huge, I bet the shipping was a lot but since I spent $51 it came for free. One thing about McMaster is they only sell top name brands Zoro will also sell the lower priced chinese brands when sometimes that is all you can afford.

Interestingly enough working in an industry that uses a lot of different components, yes you can get better prices than McMaster but your volume needs to be there. Otherwise I have found their pricing to be right around what any other supplier is going to charge. Just to give you an idea recently, I started using our industrial plumbing supplier at work. He comes every Wednesday and when he knows it is for the steam engine he sells me the parts at his cost as a courtesy. But my company buys about $50-100K from him a month. In my experience the prices I pay on the stuff I recently purchased were about 1/2 of McMaster. I find when I buy from him for an actual job he usually is about 10-20% less than McMaster in most areas though there are parts where he is far less and others sometimes even more. So long story short unless you go eBay

Years back we set up the plumbing for the air compressor in my parents house. We decided to do the project on a Saturday and Home Cheapot was the only one open so we bought all the fittings from there. When we finished the whole system would always leak. When we expanded it we planned ahead and ordered from McMaster. Made in USA Ward brand fittings showed up 1day later that believe cost a little less then the Home Cheapot's made in China line but those things never leaked. So yea I am a huge McMaster fan! If they sold hats and Tee shirts I would probably wear them everywhere and high five fellow McMaster fans whenever I ran into them! :D