Riverside Live Steamers Spring Meet

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

JKreider

Riverside Live Steamers Spring Meet

Post by JKreider »

The Riverside Live Steamers Spring Meet is Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, April 21, 22, & 23. As always, breakfast will be provided free to all members and guests from 7 to 9 AM on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is usually the big day with plenty of activity.
Come on out. If you can't bring a locomotive, then just bring yourself and enjoy the fellowship.
Jim Kreider
JKreider

Re: Riverside Live Steamers Spring Meet

Post by JKreider »

Breakfast Menu.jpg
We even have a breakfast menu this year!
JBodenmann

Post by JBodenmann »

Hello My Friends
I'll be there. Always a good time.
Jack
JKreider

Post by JKreider »

The meet is shaping up to be a good time. Bruno Platzer is coming from Las Vegas and two or three guys from back east, including two Berkshire builders. I've heard a lot of "maybes". Who else is coming?
Wayne Godshall of Godshall Custom machining will be here.
aopagary

Post by aopagary »

for those needing accommodations, the Comfort Inn on University Ave, Riverside (951-683-6000) is offering a discount rate of $65/night for RLS members or guests/ visitors. you will need to contact the hotel directly for that rate (not through the Choice Hotels website) and mention you would like the Riverside Live Steamer rate. the Comfort Inn just went through room renovations with new furniture/ carpets, there is a microwave and refrigerator in the rooms, they have multiple HBO/Cinemax channels on their Direct TV system and high speed WiFi is free. they also have a pretty good breakfast for the other days, a small swimming pool and for anyone needing the space, a huge open parking lot adjacent to the building.

i just looked and there are still rooms available for the meet weekend.
see you there...gary
keyrouteken

Post by keyrouteken »

JKreider wrote:The Riverside Live Steamers Spring Meet is Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, April 21, 22, & 23. As always, breakfast will be provided free to all members and guests from 7 to 9 AM on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is usually the big day with plenty of activity.
Come on out. If you can't bring a locomotive, then just bring yourself and enjoy the fellowship.
Jim Kreider
Dang Jim-- Suzie and I should come down just for the BREAKFAST !! (grin)
I hope that sometime during the meet, you take time to say a few words about the passing of "Ken Casford" (Boxcar Ken)..

Thanks, Jim.
Ken Casford.jpg
JKreider

Post by JKreider »

Ken:
Yes, you and Suzie should come down. It would be nice to see you.
I'm sure that there will be many words spoken about Ken Casford at the meet. RLS has become the wonderful club and facility that it is due in no small way to the efforts of Ken.
Jim Kreider
wmegilljr

Post by wmegilljr »

This might be a silly question, but will any of the "big" power be running on Saturday? Northern, challenger or bigboy. I drove down last year from Vegas to see them and none were running. Still had a great time mind you! Just wondering if anybody know if they would be on Saturday this year.
JKreider

Post by JKreider »

The Hunter 4-8-4 and Big Boy are both club locomotives so there is a good chance that one or both would be running Sunday. Brad Bluth told me he plans on running his UP Challenger at the meet but I don't know what day.
Of course we encourage all steam locomotives to show up, big and small. The track fits all.
Jim Kreider
wmegilljr

Post by wmegilljr »

Thanks for the reply Jim. I only can take Saturday off work next weekend so I was checking the odds. But your absolutely right Riverside is perfect for all sizes! If I had more than one day I would bring my 1401 in all its years I don't think it has ever been there.
dwilloughby

Post by dwilloughby »

Bill
My northern should be running on Saturday.

Dean
JKreider

Post by JKreider »

The Riverside Live Steamers is having a free pig roast together with a pot luck buffet that all members and guests of RLS are invited to participate in. The pulled pork and food will be available from 3PM on Saturday, the 22nd, and you can eat whenever you wish into the evening. Food will be available until it is gone.
Members and guests are invited to bring a pot luck item if they wish but that is not necessary in order to chow down.
If you would like to bring a pot luck item, we are suggesting the following;
By last name:
A-J should bring a salad or bread
K-Q brings a side dish for pulled pork
R-Z brings a dessert