Allen Models Laser cut frame Fitchburg Northern Loco.

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Steve Alley

Allen Models Laser cut frame Fitchburg Northern Loco.

Post by Steve Alley »

Hi All
Subject: Fitchburg Northern Laser cut Frames.

We just made the first run on the Laser cut frames and like what we have. Second run will be soon. If interested contact me at 775-782-3800 This next run will be for 5 pairs of frames. Also working on 0-4-0 frames and will send out info on it. We will be adding to this a drawing set for the builder to follow. This Loco has been moving off the shelf. There has been a lot of Chloe engines converted to be a Fitchburg Northern. Whats needed to convert is Frame, 2 axles, 2 wheels, Brake kit, Tender kit. Also front Pilot wheel kit. We have also have large piston rings now from the 1.250 to now the 1.375 dia. We feel this extra was needed for more pulling power. So you will re-bore the Cylinders and buy piston stock to remake the pistons for this larger bore.

I hope this receives a good response, New additional product for you Allen Model owners.

I have been working hard to build up this company for more items and needed engines. Do to all this work has been very taxing and yet enjoyable for me. To give this Hobby a new start or continue with a great products. I believe Gene if push would have added these to the line. I have been leaning to finish Machine parts, We are looking into this and it will take some time before any announcements or commitments. This will not be a complete machine buy all the parts and have a engine on air. There will always be some machine work, but the difficult parts will be done.
Steve Alley
Allen Models of Nevada, LLC
NP317

Re: Allen Models Laser cut frame Fitchburg Northern Loco.

Post by NP317 »

Keep 'm coming.
Serious work.
~RN
Steve Alley

Post by Steve Alley »

So we have made the first run on the laser cut frames. I have one frame set left over. So call me and there selling for $250.00. Shipping can be up to $55.00 depending on where your at. FN-100 is the part number. Next is to make more and the 0-4-0 frames at the same time. These frames are straighten and machine for the journal area. No drill or tap holes. The journal keepers need to be machine and the frame extensions are supply as blanks. So what you get is two side frames 6 keepers, and two frame extensions. I have had a few customers buying old Chloe's and converting them into Fitchburgs. But the cylinders should be bored out for the new size rings that are 1 3/8 " dia.
I do not have a conversion kit but have all the parts in stock.
Whats needed.
Frames
Frame cross member casting
Rear cab support casting
6 leaf Springs group
Front coupler and front coupler pocket castings
2 Driver Wheels and Axles
2 Main journals Boxes
Front pilot truck section
New front smoke box cover from 5" to the ^6" pipe dia
Exhaust manifold castings
Brake section
Cab kit
Tender section
Tender arch bar Truck section
Head light ( Optional )
Cross head pump castings. (Optional)
Plans drawings.
New boiler of course ( Not Optional )

What you end up with a new engine that will pull twice the load and a tender to ride on. Not on a Engineers riding car.
You will be saving the cylinder group and valve group. Johnson bar, Exhaust, Steam Dome and Sand Dome, Plumping fittings, Whistle, lubricator, injector, hand pump if it the downer had one, Bell, most likely other things I can't think of.

Contact me if interested 775-782-3800 some days I deal on the prices.

Steve Alley
Steve Alley

Post by Steve Alley »

Last Laser frame sold. In a couple of weeks will order more to be cut. Maybe three sets and also the 0-4-0 frames.

Steve