Tracks in Connecticut?

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

rrnut-2

Re: Tracks in Connecticut?

Post by rrnut-2 »

PRR5406 wrote:You may want to review some of Barry's grades and curves before committing to operate. Be certain to check out the upstairs of his "train building". Wonderful collection and very amiable person.
You must be talking about the grade beside the driveway! There should be a rack down the middle of the track. When I first heard about that grade, I though the story was embellished ....until I saw it. :shock:

Jim B
rrnut-2

Post by rrnut-2 »

Here is a picture of one of the trestles. And this picture does not show the full length. Mike McClure and I are standing on the top.
Attachments
Barry Cones Trestle.jpg
shayloco

Post by shayloco »

rrnut-2 wrote:Here is a picture of one of the trestles. And this picture does not show the full length. Mike McClure and I are standing on the top.
Hey Jim do you think my Shay and Climax doubleheaded will handle the grade? I hope to get over there and run sometime soon. About two hours away. I have heard many good comments about the railroad.
-Larry
rrnut-2

Post by rrnut-2 »

Larry, the Shay and Climax should make it, if you have enough weight on the drivers. From what I have been told, this trestle is suppose to bypass that steep grade. Barry does run the diesels up the grade with one car. I haven't run on it yet.

Jim B
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

A Shay or a Climax would be the only steam locomotives I would take out on that railroad. It's the most beautiful location and set up I've seen, but oh, those grades!
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
Rob Gardner

Post by Rob Gardner »

I just met a local contractor yesterday who helps Barry with a lot of his heavier earthmoving work. Word is they are eliminating the steep grade along the driveway.

Rob Gardner