Worthington B3 Feed Water Pump

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

FLtenwheeler

Worthington B3 Feed Water Pump

Post by FLtenwheeler »

Hi All

I was able to get to the Illinois Railway Museum and was able to take picture and get measurements of the Worthington feed water heater on Chicago Burlington & Quincy 4963. As you can see from the picture the patent plate is missing. I would like to know what version of patent plate was installed on the B3. "BOILER FEED PUMP & FEED WATER HEATER" or "LOCOMOTIVE FEED WATER HEATER and PUMP" I would also like to get pictures of the top of a Worthington Feed Water Pump

Thanks

Tim
Attachments
Worthington-B3.jpg
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
randallg

Re: Worthington B3 Feed Water Pump

Post by randallg »

Hi Tim . Check Robert Dustin catolag I think he offers plates for that pump.
www.chaski.com
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

Yes, Robert has 2 styles of Worthington plates. I need some guidance on which one to use.

Thanks

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
Greg_Lewis

Post by Greg_Lewis »

For future reference, to get photos from odd angles, get a monopod with a ball head. It's a trick photojournalists use when they need a high or low angle, or around a corner, that can't be conveniently reached. Use the self timer to trigger the shutter. I have an old Nikon Coolpix with a swivel body that allows me to see the screen while the lens is twisted at a different angle. Some of the new SLRs do that, too. That plus the monopod helps with these kinds of situations.
Greg Lewis, Prop.
Eyeball Engineering — Home of the dull toolbit.
Our motto: "That looks about right."
Celebrating 35 years of turning perfectly good metal into bits of useless scrap.
randallg

Post by randallg »

Check the Facebook page for southern pacific 982 that is in Houston . look through the pictures there is a shot with the ID plate.
www.chaski.com
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

Thanks, that helps out a lot.

Tim