3/8" 00 Penberthy Injector suppliers

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

AMatthews

3/8" 00 Penberthy Injector suppliers

Post by AMatthews »

Hi Everyone,

living in Australia there seems to be no reliable people to obtain Penberthy injectors from, i am wondering if any of you in the states know of a good agent or rep i can get in touch with that can supply them? following on from that, are they still actually made? i have the original documentation that was issued recently when Pentair changed to Emerson so I presume they are still being made? i enquired in the UK and even they seem to be having supply problems. anyhow, thought it worth a shot, same goes for kunkle safeties too wouldn't mind getting hold of a pair of those new too.

Cheers people

Andrew Matthews
Fred_V

Re: 3/8" 00 Penberthy Injector suppliers

Post by Fred_V »

I have bought 4 or 5 used Penberth's on ebay that all worked well. You might look for steamboat suppliers as they use them. I had a link for Kunkle that is now Emerson but they don't show the style you want for our boilers. They should still be available.
Fred V
Fred V
Pensacola, Fl.
Karl_Losely

Post by Karl_Losely »

They are still available but rather pricey. They do always work though. Here is the contact I inquired of in October 2017.
Karl

Penberthy Stock Model OO-21 $ 1,378.70 net each

Delivery: 8 weeks
FOB: Black Mt., NC
Ship: best way, prepaid & add
Visa, MasterCard, & Discover accepted

Thank You,

Tim Carrig
Carrig & Associates, Inc.
421 Front Street
Berea, Ohio 44017

440-234-4600
1-800-336-5650
www.carrig-associates.com
AMatthews

Post by AMatthews »

Hi all,

Thank you Karl for the information most handy, yes they are quite expensive. A pair of Anthony Duarte's injectors will probably do just as well it's a for a 12" 50 litre boiler. I didn't realise his standard injector was quite the pumper! it is handy information anyhow as a few people here in Australia have extremely big boilers north of 100 litres capacity on some big narrow gauge engines.

Cheers,
Andrew