IBLS Card and Decal Nostalgia (July 2003)

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Atkinson_Railroad

IBLS Card and Decal Nostalgia (July 2003)

Post by Atkinson_Railroad »

Having been in a mode of searching through old files (the real manila folder kind ; )
I stumbled upon a very nice hand written note dated July 16, 2003 from Keith Taylor.
He had sent me some of the last decals, patches, and membership card to the I.B.L.S.

It marked the end of an era, and the beginning of a new one.

Do you still have your original card?

John
Attachments
IBLS CARD.jpg
jcbrock

Re: IBLS Card and Decal Nostalgia (July 2003)

Post by jcbrock »

Yes. I know where the patch is (on a pair of overalls) and I saw the card and decal when I moved a couple years ago.
John Brock
LVRR2095

Post by LVRR2095 »

Yes....I still have a card, decal and a patch. But that’s about all I have left.
Keith Taylor
Steve Alley

Post by Steve Alley »

I am wonder why IBLS is still not going and I would love to have a card and patch.
Steve Alley
Allen Models of Nevada
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

:shock: It is still alive and well. Daris Nevil is the caretaker, and they have designed a new patch. I have the old one also and decal. I find this question of yours hard to comprehend, if you participate in the LIVE STEAM hobby. There have been many times this has been discussed on this very well informed forum. I hope Daris chimes in. I`m sure Keith Taylor will set things straight once again. :) :)
steamer
Atkinson_Railroad

Post by Atkinson_Railroad »

At this writing, the International Brotherhood of Live Steamers wiki website has 706 articles.
That’s a lot of information, history, and entertainment to occupy anyone’s time interested in learning more about this hobby.
I should have left a URL with my original post for reference.

http://ibls.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

As steamingdon commented, Daris Nevil is the caretaker of the site, and new articles are added quite often.
One of the most recent updates is a reprint from November 1973 Model Railways titled, [Live Steam in 1/240th Scale].

Not into March Madness? Check out the IBLS site.

John
dnevil

Post by dnevil »

YES. The IBLS is alive and well!

John Atkinson referred to the "end of an era" and "beginning of an era", which is true. The IBLS was disbanded around 2005. Ken Shattock restarted it a few years later. I became involved in 2012 as a volunteer, and worked with Ken to create the IBLS website starting in 2013. He explains why he did this in the following letter:

http://ibls.org/mediawiki/index.php?tit ... e_Steamers

Steve Alley, send your mailing address in a PM and I'll send you a membership package (all free). That goes for anyone else interested in joining.

BTW, I am still using that same membership card that John Atkinson has! Keith Taylor sent them to me, so I'll use them up before printing more.

Happy steaming!
Daris
Daris Nevil
IBLS Secretary
North American Region
http://www.ibls.org
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

When I signed up Bob Hornsby was N.E. secretary. Well over 25 years ago now. How time does fly. :wink: :D :D
steamer