A VISIT TO THE B & O MUSEUM

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Trainman4602

A VISIT TO THE B & O MUSEUM

Post by Trainman4602 »

Friday a made the trip down to Baltimore to visit the B & O museum. It is located right in the middle of the city at 901 W. Pratt st.
There is a lot of steam in there in particular the President Washington number 5300.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM4bmUc ... e=youtu.be
ALLWAYS OPERATING MY TRAIN IN A SAFE MANNER USING AUTOMATIC AIR BRAKES
shild

Re: A VISIT TO THE B & O MUSEUM

Post by shild »

Sure are a lot of women for a train museum! How could this be?
shild

Post by shild »

Wait a minute, the loco with the cab really high was one that had no flanges on front and middle drivers? Somebody please build one like that and run it hard at Waushakum! :)
Jim Schulz

Post by Jim Schulz »

That was fun. Thanks Dave!
NP317

Post by NP317 »

shild wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:53 am Sure are a lot of women for a train museum! How could this be?
My Daughter-in-Law is a talented and success Mechanical Engineer. Perfect fit for her brain.
But she's not at the B&O Museum.
~RN
B&OBob

Post by B&OBob »

Thanks, Dave, for your video tour. The B&O Museum overcame severe adversity when snow damaged the roundhouse roof so badly it collapsed, damaging many of their older locomotives, destroying wood cabs in particular. Judging from your report they have since done a superb job of restoring most of them, and it looks like they have done an equally good job on the roundhouse. The P-7 used to be rusting away on a siding outside, painted in a hideous green nothing like the original, so I hope now that it is safely under cover they finally got the color right. (See Steve Bratina's post: "B&O Pacific Colours" 10-20-09. Doug Alkire got it right!).

I also want to take this opportunity to thank you for the wealth of information in your other 100+ YouYube videos; anyone looking for a good basic education in live steam and shop practice would do well to watch them all.

B&O Bob (Thomas)
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

Thanks Bob
ALLWAYS OPERATING MY TRAIN IN A SAFE MANNER USING AUTOMATIC AIR BRAKES