Eccentric Engineer Announcement - Small Scale Injectors in stock!

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

AnthonyDuarte

Eccentric Engineer Announcement - Small Scale Injectors in stock!

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Hi everyone,

First off, I'm happy to say that the Small Scale Injectors are finally in stock! They can be ordered through the EE website now:
https://www.eccentricengineer.com/injec ... s-injector

A page for spare parts will be listed soon as well.

Second order of business...
Originally I promised a delivery date of December 2017 for these Injectors. Well, that date is long passed. There is a healthy pile of scrap parts to explain at least a month of that delay, but the primary reason is that I have a very demanding job in the medical device industry. Weeks at a time go by where I don't even step into my shop.
I'm killing myself trying to give 100% at my job and 100% at EE, not to mention take time here in there for the important things in life. So, starting May 18th, I will be leaving my job and devoting all my time solely to Eccentric Engineer.

I'm very excited for what the future holds. I have a list of products longer than my arm that I hope to bring to the hobby, and this will afford me the time to develop new products while keeping existing items in stock (or at least to the best of my ability!)

Cheers,
- Anthony Duarte
Asteamhead

Re: Eccentric Engineer Announcement - Small Scale Injectors in stock!

Post by Asteamhead »

Hello Anthony,
Good news!
Tried to order one piece, but found your website won't accept anything else than PayPal (no MC or Visa credit card f.e.)? Any other posibility?

Asteamhead (Germany)
AnthonyDuarte

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Hi Asteamhead,

I've sent you a PM.
The option to pay with a card may not show up for international customers. I will have to look into it.

-Anthony
piedmontg

Post by piedmontg »

Anthony

I just put my order in, thanks for pushing this to completion. I am looking forward to trying them out. As soon as your page is up with spares, please post that info also.

Bob
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Anthony:
Congrats on your job-change decision. That's a BIG step.
May I ask what your med-device job is/was?
I worked as an Engineer for Physio-Control Corp for 20 years, up through development of the LifePak 10.

Looking forward to seeing your product line grow.
~RN
AnthonyDuarte

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

I work as a manufacuring designer for a company that makes artificial heart valves. I don’t think I can be more specific than that. But I help develop the manufacturing process and fixturing for production. It’s pretty fun stuff making fixtures that hold 60+ tiny parts within .0001 on location. The experience translates well to making injectors!

I’m sad to leave but I need to focus on just one thing, and I want that one thing to be Eccentric Engineer.
Fender

Post by Fender »

Anthony,
Just put my order in also! Congratulations on your new full-time endeavor.
Now, my loco will have an “EE” injector and an “EM” (Ohlenkamp) injector!
Dan Watson
Chattanooga, TN
Steven E. Kuhn

Post by Steven E. Kuhn »

Outstanding. Good luck on your new endeavor. I look forward to purchasing at least a couple of your standard injectors. I'm very happy the hobby has another reliable supplier of these. Any chance down the road you will be making steam globe valves similar to the ones Barry carried?

Thank you,
Steve Kuhn
AnthonyDuarte

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Steve,

Globe valves are certainly high on my list, but with all the different sizes and variations, it's a daunting project. Also hoping I'll have time to offer MTP threaded fitting.

Having trouble keeping up with all the orders for the Small Scales injectors! Thank you to everyone who has ordered so far.

-Anthony
PeterCraymer

Post by PeterCraymer »

I finally installed my 1 1/2" scale injector last night. It looks great and now to fire up an test it!
daves1459

Post by daves1459 »

Hello Anthony,

I received one of your small scale injectors yesterday for 1/4" tubing, No. 083. Nice piece of work I must say. Prompt deliver too as I ordered it last Monday and it arrived 3 days later. I started to install it today as I'm anxious to try it out.

I have a question: Is there a limit to the length of the over flow tube? I'd like to install one about 3" long with a slight outward bend to keep the over flow off the rail and away from the side rod. Do you anticipate any problems? My operation steam pressure range is from 90 to 115 psi.

Thanks, Dave
AnthonyDuarte

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Hi Dave,

A long overflow will definitely bog down the injector’s ability to lift on initial startup, but at 3” I don’t think you’ll notice a difference.

For anyone that does intent to put a long overflow on the small injectors, I would recommended opening up the diameter to 5/16” as close to the injector as you can to make sure the steam can escape freely.

I’m at the Riverside Live Steamers today and hope to meet some of you out here! Don’t hesitate to say hello.

-Anthony