Pioneer Valley Meet August 10th thru 12th

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

elm53

Re: Pioneer Valley Meet August 10th thru 12th

Post by elm53 »

Inspite of some crummy weather,it was good to see fiends and catch up . Bill Sheilds had a beautiful 1"chassie with Southern valve gear running on air. Nice work Bill! Great to meet Mr.Yoder of 3/4"loco registry fame.Ian Fischer,Bob Foster,Jim Abrams,Keith Taylor,Jim Mardigian , Sally Imbriarco and Steve Britina from the north country nice to you all brave the elements. And of course Steaming Don. Hope all had safe travels home. See some at WLS,And PVLSIn Sept.
LVRR2095

Post by LVRR2095 »

We had a great time and it was really nice to see Bill Shield’s chassis running!

Keith
Attachments
Nellie 2 on air
Nellie 2 on air
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

Let`s not forget PVLS has a Fall Meet coming up on September 14, 15, 16th. See U all @ the circle. :D :D :D
steamer
Ironflyer

Post by Ironflyer »

Not that far off! See you all soon or sooner
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

I see the dates of the Fall Meet in L.S. is listed as September 7, 8 , & 9th ? Which dates are correct ? :? :? :? :?
steamer
Steve Bratina

Post by Steve Bratina »

There is nothing showing on their web site and nothing has come over my telegraph. I will go out and check the lines.
Dat dat dat dot dats all folks
10 Wheeler Rob

Post by 10 Wheeler Rob »

September 14, 15 and 16 is the info I have. If the weather is good there will be some us around on the 13th as well.

Rob
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

I bumped into our SUNSHINE Coordinator @ a totally different venue and she didn`t even now who I was. Luckily Mark Stephens was there to straighten her out. The next thing out of her mouth was that the Highline does not support the Saturday night dinner. I found this very disturbing and insulting, as she thinks the club is all about the Dinner. She told me that highliners are a separate club, and she is right we get the work done around the club. I will give her a chance to redeem herself by attending the Dinner. I wonder how many other clubs have this attitude ? Again I say LIVE STEAM MAG. has it listed as 7th-9th ! you will miss the DINNER!
steamer
Steve Bratina

Post by Steve Bratina »

I think I read somewhere that Roy Orbison will appear at the dinner to sing "It's Over".
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

yeah, I thought he would reappear one of these days. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
steamer
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

Roy was a no-show, sorry, attendance down as per the norm these days. I did attend the dinner, so all is as it should be ? Great weather. PVLS presented a honorary membership to our own Ross grant a 50 yr. member and past president , just try and top that. I say old and active member @ 80+
steamer
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

Another Meet has come and gone, next Meet is the blowdown. It is amazing how quickly the season goes bye bye. As you get older the faster it goes, or maybe I`m just too slow to catch-up or is it ketchup. :D :D :roll: :roll: :wink:
steamer