Wooden refrigerator car

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Mike Walsh

Re: Wooden refrigerator car

Post by Mike Walsh »

caboose.jpg
Like this?

I have several sources, including the hobby shop (1/4" x 1/16" basswood) and several online retailers sell basswood stripwood as well. Beveling the edges is a whole nother story... Yes, each strip on that hack has beveled edges. This is a 1" Caboose. I guess I'm letting the cat out of the bag now... I have this caboose drawn up in CAD and the main body of it was cut on a CNC router. Might offer it as a kit once I work out the details on it. This is a prototype and by golly it has been a little time consuming. However it has been a nice distraction from the hot shop in these summer months, fiddling away with this in the basement.

I will put up a show of interest in another threat at a little later date when I have some time. I am trying to finish this hack for display at my wedding in October.... I still think there is a chance.
rkcarguy

Post by rkcarguy »

Guys, we have a shop that does a lot of aluminum with a CNC router, and I'd think anyone set up to router aluminum could groove plate for the sides so you aren't stuck messing with wood.
Mike Walsh

Post by Mike Walsh »

As long as you can hold your stock flat to the table...