Choice of prototype

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

michaellynn2

Re: Choice of prototype

Post by michaellynn2 »

I once started to gather up all my prints and make a list of the prints for folks like yourself. I have hundreds of class A, J and the Y6b. I am not sure which ones would help you. You gave me a list and I started to read my prints and found some of the ones you wanted. Are you sure you want to build a Y3? Most of my prints are the Y6b.
michael george
michaellynn2

Post by michaellynn2 »

I over the years have collected many paper prints of the N&W class J, A, and the Y6b. Is there a way to transfer them to a form that folks can have access to them without me spending a fortune? Does the NWHS have all the prints needed to build one of these locomotives?
michael george
EVGEN

Post by EVGEN »

Yes, I really want to build Yu-3a. This is a remarkable locomotive.
I am going to build a locomotive the latest modifications. Since these are locomotive that worked until 1959, he had a large number of common parts with a Y-6b (standardized parts).
michaellynn2 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:07 pm Does the NWHS have all the prints needed to build one of these locomotives?
Yes, they have an excellent base of drawings. However, unlike UPHS or NYCHS, it is necessary to pay for each separate drawing, instead of a complete collection of drawings for a particular locomotive. Perhaps in the future, and the NWHS will add the ability to buy drawings sets for little money. It remains to make a small step.