This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.
Moderators: Harold_V, WJH, cbrew
- Posts: 1624
- Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:24 am
- Location: USA Texas, Austin
I used to break taps. Being proactive I bought a 5 pound bag of Alum. Never broken a tap since.
Is like taking the umbrella to ward off rain.
in Austin TX
- Posts: 1707
- Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:36 pm
- Location: Vancleave, Mississippi
Great idea, but how about removing a broken 2-56 tap from steel or aluminum? Will the alum solution work on aluminum? Obviously it won't work on steel, but what will? Will the carbide drill work on removing from steel/aluminum without distorting the hole?
Mr.Ron from South Mississippi
- Posts: 5223
- Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:57 am
- Location: Somewhere in the World
good luck drilling a 2-56 tap out....this is where an edm drill is worth anything you have to pay to use...