Finger Lakes Live Steamers 50th Anniversary Meet

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Benjamin Maggi

Re: Finger Lakes Live Steamers 50th Anniversary Meet

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

I tried to find the membership info on the FLLS website but the tab didn't work. I clicked it but no information popped up on the screen. I then clicked on the "Contact" tab to find out and that didn't work either. The other tabs seemed to work.
"One cannot learn to swim without getting his feet wet." - Benjamin Maggi
- Building: 7.25" gauge "Sweet Pea" named "Catherine"
Builder01

Post by Builder01 »

Yes, the current FLLS website leaves a bit to be desired. The 50th anniversary is well shown, but, it's not possible to become a member right now. Hopefully the right people will notice and it will get fixed.

David
thomaskremers

Post by thomaskremers »

I'll post when it is finished...the webmaster said he was going to try to finish updates this weekend. sorry for the issues but Tim and I can answer questions.
Tim B Guenther

Post by Tim B Guenther »

Unfortunately the webmaster changed this year. The new website was supposed to have been finished by August first, but has been delayed. We are hopeful all the place holders will be active soon. As Tom stated, we can answer any questions you have in the meantime.
Steve Bratina

Post by Steve Bratina »

Does the turntable area still have the rails in for the 3/4" if someone wanted to bring an engine to show?
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

Too Bad the 3/4" line is a thing of the past. Would have loved to have run there. Too many projects and not enough time. :D :D :D
steamer
Builder01

Post by Builder01 »

Steve Bratina wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:19 am Does the turntable area still have the rails in for the 3/4" if someone wanted to bring an engine to show?
Yes! The turntable and several of the steaming bays have both 4-3/4" and 3-1/2" gauge track. Other than the turn table and steaming bays, there is no other 3-1/2" track. If you bring a 3/4" loco for show and tell, that would work fine.

David
Builder01

Post by Builder01 »

Membership information has now been posted at the Finger Lakes Live Steamers website:
https://fingerlakeslivesteamers.org/membership-info/

There is no contact email address posted yet, just a "contact" page which will automatically open your default email app. The email address for questions about membership or anything else is: info@fingerlakeslivesteamers.org

Also, several videos have been posted including "tours" around each of the 7-1/4", 4-3/4" and Gauge 1 tracks.

Hope this helps a little bit and may encourage others to joint us at the 50th anniversary event.

David
Benjamin Maggi

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

It is indeed working. Thanks!
"One cannot learn to swim without getting his feet wet." - Benjamin Maggi
- Building: 7.25" gauge "Sweet Pea" named "Catherine"