Engine stand

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

shild

Re: Engine stand

Post by shild »

Harbor freight products are awesome! Is that the same red the Central Machinery mill/drill, lathe, bandsaw, drill press and other products typically are? I'm trying to find a matching spray can because it's wearing off my machines.
mbrusso39

Post by mbrusso39 »

I put 2 tracks on my Harbor Freight stand for the American, tender & propane car (build is 98% complete)...this works great, wish I could use one of these for the Hudson but it is too heavy. I also put new casters on and extended them out a bit to keep the thing balanced. At $299 (with coupon) plus casters this can't be beat.
fullsizeoutput_8.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_9.jpeg
Berkman

Post by Berkman »

the hudson engine only is too heavy ?
mbrusso39

Post by mbrusso39 »

It’s close to the 1000 pound limit the stand has and is a foot longer with the overhang...the wheel base works. Maybe I should reweigh and assess the length (the end of the stand stocks out a bit when the stand is lower (eg if I sit on the end of the stand with it all the way down when Emoty lifts the other side. You have me rethinking this as that would be great
Dick_Morris

Post by Dick_Morris »

the hudson engine only is too heavy ?
Two HF stands end to end? The pumps would have to be ganged together so they would raise at the same rate, but it might work.