David Porter short Obituary

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

kcjones611

David Porter short Obituary

Post by kcjones611 »

It is with the heaviest of hearts that I inform the Live Steam community (especially Mid-Western and South-Eastern) of David Porter Sr's passing this morning. He was a charter member of Chattanooga Society of Model Engineers and member of Mid South Live Steamers. He leaves behind a host of family members, some of which are members here.

No arrangements have been made as of yet. More details to follow as they come available.
Attachments
copy of DSCN4422.JPG
dsc_0046 from website spring 2013.jpg
Nick P.
Chattanooga, TN

Jesse Livingston's "Newbie"
Allen Models Mogul, #573
Backyard Rails/MDM F7A & B, Southern Pacific #6351

Too many other projects to think about.
765nkp

Re: David Porter short Obituary

Post by 765nkp »

Sorry to hear about his passing Nick. He was a great guy and friend. I was just thinking last night about how many years ago I skipped work one day so him and I could chase the 3985 together south out of St Louis. That was one of my favorite chases.

He will be missed!
High greens David!

Tim Mikko
Pontiacguy1

Post by Pontiacguy1 »

Agreed! He will be missed. He's one of the people that I remember from a long time ago, him having been around the hobby in the South for quite a number of decades. He was actually friendly to people, including younger people, in a time when a lot of the hobby was populated with quite a few people who wouldn't give you a moment's attention at all.

I'm sure that you will feel his loss for a long time. Hope that the good memories all come flooding back quickly.

Scott
kcjones611

Post by kcjones611 »

Arrangements for Grandpa: Visitation at Chattanooga Valley View Chapel, 7414 Old Lee Hwy Sunday, 4-7 PM and Monday 12-1. Service at 1 PM. Burial at the National Cemetery.
Nick P.
Chattanooga, TN

Jesse Livingston's "Newbie"
Allen Models Mogul, #573
Backyard Rails/MDM F7A & B, Southern Pacific #6351

Too many other projects to think about.