Newbie Frame

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

UnkaJesse

Newbie Frame

Post by UnkaJesse »

Here is an attachment showing the Newbie Project frame, axles and wheels. Welding is all completed now except for clean up with grinder. The axle assemblies and jack shaft were put in to help with alignment and will have two springs on each journal when completed. This assembly bolts to the bottom of a 1" x 15" x 32" steel plate that the boiler and engine sit atop.

Unka (Help--help--) Jesse
"The same hammer that breaks the glass, forges the steel" Russian proverb
Kevin_S

Re: Newbie Frame

Post by Kevin_S »

Hey Unk the frame looks great! Must of not took long considering your location [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/grin.gif"%20alt="[/img]
-Kevin S.
ps Has Aunt fern had to put on the asbosteos sheets on the bed yet?????
cbrew

Post by cbrew »

hey Unk
Whats the wheel base on that lokie
If it is not live steam. its not worth it.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Hey Unk, down in this part o' the world we build 'em with the wheels at the bottom

Tel
willy

Post by willy »

Hey Tel;

Did you notice that he has 3 sprockets on the middle shaft and maybe one axle in backwards??? That or some one forgot to put on the sprockets on the axles altogether.... LOL Seems to me Jesse has killed the joke about being in heck and needs to pay attention to his newbie project? Grin

-willy- Image
Tom_Wade

Post by Tom_Wade »

Hey Unk,
Why is the smoke stack attached to the frame, instead of the boiler? Is this some sort of a new fangled way of routing the smoke? And with your current address, will you need a superheater? Will you even need a firebox?

Tom
FredR

Post by FredR »

Hey, you guys leave poor ol Unk Jess alone.... he said this is a newbie project [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/laugh.gif"%20alt="[/img]
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

I don't know if You in US have heard that china is at the other side of world and all is upp side down, ha maby gonna ride it chine who knows.
Patrik
UnkaJesse

Post by UnkaJesse »

Tom, I thought there was something strange about the way that Newbie Project was turning out! [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/smirk.gif"%20alt="[/img] I think Patrik has the right idea, I may need to try to get some Chinese business since the stack is on the wrong side. As to not needing a superheater etc, I keep hoping that Will and Chris will work the Ju-Ju or Gris-Gris on Jeff so I can get the heck out of Heck.

Unka(Hoping for cooler climes) Jesse
Tom_Wade

Post by Tom_Wade »

Well, Unk, I hope like heck that you get the heck out of heck before May...
dampfwilli

Post by dampfwilli »

To hang with the head upside down its TELs job in this thread. The chinese makes it cheaper , but no chinese becomes TELs job here!!
Have Fun
dampfwilli

You must not be crazy to play with steam, but it helps.
UnkaJesse

Post by UnkaJesse »

Chris, I can't recall the wheelbase of the Newbie right now, but the overall length of the frame is 32". As to the Naysayers who pointed out the business about the sprockets being out of place and/or missing, the axles were just placed in the frame to aid in alignment. Today, the axles were placed in proper orientation and the other springs and water pump installed. No pic right now, but I will make one in the morning. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/cool.gif"%20alt="[/img]

Unka(Auntie Fern has kicked me out of bed until I get out of Heck)) Jesse [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/crazy.gif"%20alt="[/img]