Loco Gear

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

throttleartist

Loco Gear

Post by throttleartist »

Is John Johnston's LocoGear still in business?
The greatest gift that a man can posess is the determination not be hurried.... Thoreau
shayloco

Re: Loco Gear

Post by shayloco »

I just had an email from John Johnson, here is his response:
“Yes I am still here and still active. I do have castings in stock and I am open for business.”

John’s email address is jjohnson @ locogear.com (remove spaces) and his web site is www.locogear.com

His mailing address has changed from the web site. I will send a PM with his phone number and mailing address to anyone who asks.

-Larry
gregrudd

Post by gregrudd »

Hi I was wondering the same as the website has been updated in yonks. I have sent an email back to him a while back and didn't get a reply. I know we are now in the world of covid so who knows what is happening.
Berkman

Post by Berkman »

Building one of the WM #6s?
NW2 1977

Post by NW2 1977 »

I just ordered the plans for the WM 6. Who knows if I will end up building it, as I ordered the plans for the Schroeder Shay from Allen and Kozo's books, too. And I know if a Heisler that needs finishing. I am itching to get in to a geared steam locomotive. But that WM #6 would be a great combination of the flexibility of geared engines and brute power. I'm guessing it would be large enough to steam better than most of the little Shays and should pull very impressively.

John took a few days to reply to a fairly lengthy message from me inquiring about parts prices and availability, sales/build history, machine tool recommendations, contacts for other parts and support. He answered everything with a straight forward answer and asked a few more questions about my experience and tailored a few of his other answers accordingly.

He did say a website rebuilding was over due and in the works.

Has anyone here saw any of the Locogear locomotives in person, either complete or in progress?

-Les in MI.