1" Safety Valve Progress and other updates

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

AnthonyDuarte

1" Safety Valve Progress and other updates

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Hi everyone,

I've been intermittently working on the safeties as time permits. Hoping to run a batch before the FLLS anniversary meet in August.

For my first round of testing I paid an excessive price to have some springs made that ended up being too light. Wound some myself that seem to be working much better, which sparked some enthusiasm! So I proceeded to make an aluminum mold for the cap. Ran some test shots last night and I'm very happy with how they're coming out. No fussing around, they come out right every time.
1" Safety wax patterns
1" Safety wax patterns

Reset pressure is around 5psi, which so far is as good as I've been able to get it. I want to play around with the internals to see if I can get it more reliably in the 2psi range.

Regarding the 1.6" 1921 Nathan Starter Valves
They're ready to ship! If you're on the list for this first batch I will be getting in touch with you shortly. They will start shipping Monday. I'm very happy with how they've turned out. A second batch will be produced along with the 1918A injectors later this year.

A batch of castings should be arriving soon with a few test castings of the Monitors, 1918's, and cross compounds, as well as the "Leech" sander fittings.

FYI my entire inventory of injectors consists of 4 small injectors and 2 intermediate injectors. Now's the time if you think you might need one!

Anthony
AnthonyDuarte

Re: 1" Safety Valve Progress and other updates

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

And I do still plan on making safeties for the 3/4” modelers as well.
jcbrock

Re: 1" Safety Valve Progress and other updates

Post by jcbrock »

Looking forward to the 1" safeties Anthony, keep up the good work.
John Brock