coles

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

hoppercar

coles

Post by hoppercar »

does anyone know what ever became of coles? are they still around, or did they pass into oblivion?
FLtenwheeler

Re: coles

Post by FLtenwheeler »

They closed down.

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
jtdute

Post by jtdute »

Depending on what you are looking for LocoParts might be able to help. LocoParts acquired all of the original tooling for the entire Tru-Scale fittings the was developed by Mr Wilson back in the 30's 40's and 50' and sold through Coles. We are in the process of producing new permanent molds to have all the castings investment cast in Silicone bronze.
Globe and Angle valves with lost wax silicone bronze bodies are currently available in 3/16, 1/4 and 5/16 MTP sizes. There are a few of new / old stock items on hand.

Jeff Dute
LocoParts
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

jtdute wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:28 am Depending on what you are looking for LocoParts might be able to help. LocoParts acquired all of the original tooling for the entire Tru-Scale fittings the was developed by Mr Wilson back in the 30's 40's and 50' and sold through Coles. We are in the process of producing new permanent molds to have all the castings investment cast in Silicone bronze.
Globe and Angle valves with lost wax silicone bronze bodies are currently available in 3/16, 1/4 and 5/16 MTP sizes. There are a few of new / old stock items on hand.

Jeff Dute
LocoParts
Would you happen to have a set of the wall 4cyl ic engine drawings? I lost mine due to dampness in the basement...
jtdute

Post by jtdute »

I did not acquire any of Coles' items. I just acquired the original tooling for the TruScale fittings from the individual who acquired it from Mr Wilson back in the 70's. Coles was just a reseller for these fittings and valves and in later years Coles had there own patterns made and contracted others to machine the castings for them.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

In order to not perpetuate an error, and, please, accept my comments as they're intended, as I'm not down on anyone here, but readers, hopefully, will be educated in proper terminology this way.

The bronze in question is not silicone bronze. It is silicon (no e) bronze. They are two very different substances.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

I can see your original question has NOT been answered. Oblivion sounds right to me. :shock:
steamer
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

steamingdon wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:55 am I can see your original question has NOT been answered. Oblivion sounds right to me. :shock:
The first response answered the question, and you're correct. It was closed, which is akin to oblivion. A loss to the hobby, as was the passing of Anton Bohaboy.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Harold_V wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:18 pm
steamingdon wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:55 am I can see your original question has NOT been answered. Oblivion sounds right to me. :shock:
The first response answered the question, and you're correct. It was closed, which is akin to oblivion. A loss to the hobby, as was the passing of Anton Bohaboy.

H
You would think that they would pass the torch for a fee.... They had some very nice casting kits that I would hate to see be lost forever, The holt 75 being one of them...I guess video games are just so much more fun for the up and coming generations..... (wheres the barf icon?)