Wax Molds and casting

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

theg8nw

Wax Molds and casting

Post by theg8nw »

Hello all,

I need a little help, I'm looking for someone or a company that can make wax mold and do investment casting in silicon bronze. Currently I am working on the proto type, the parts are small about 1 cubic inch and smaller and casting run will be 25 parts each. Not sure it matters much but I live in Northeast Ohio and work in Indianapolis(a lot).

Thank You

John
Plan your work, work your plan.
www.measurementandmachine.com
hoppercar

Re: Wax Molds and casting

Post by hoppercar »

not to drive you off, but you should also post this on the casting and foundry work chaski site...those guys, I'm sure could steer you in the right direction
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Actually, double posting is discouraged on this board. It generally doesn't serve a real purpose, as most of our readers tend to read the entire board.

Keep in mind, if you post in multiple locations, each will get comments. Keep them all under one thread by not double (or more) posting.

It should be noted that when double posts are found, I generally delete one of them. Please save me the trouble by not doing so.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

Hi I make and cast lost wax molds and castings in my shop in fact I have an 8 part video on the subject. My email is
mercerloco@gmail.com contact me with your needs
ALLWAYS OPERATING MY TRAIN IN A SAFE MANNER USING AUTOMATIC AIR BRAKES
Greg_Lewis

Post by Greg_Lewis »

One idea would be to check with Shapeways. I've gotten some stuff through them and it was fine.

Another is Valley Brass & Bronze; 7070 N Harrison Ave.; Pinedale California 93650 CA; (559) 439-0419. While not in your area, this outfit does lots of HO and O scale work and was the original foundry of Cal Scale. Some of our suppliers have used them in the past. I've been there and the guy that runs it is a real craftsman.
Greg Lewis, Prop.
Eyeball Engineering — Home of the dull toolbit.
Our motto: "That looks about right."
Celebrating 35 years of turning perfectly good metal into bits of useless scrap.
Sandiapaul

Post by Sandiapaul »

"...as most of our readers tend to read the entire board."

Ummm no they don't, not this one one anyway!
Greg_Lewis

Post by Greg_Lewis »

Sandiapaul wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:48 am "...as most of our readers tend to read the entire board."

Ummm no they don't, not this one one anyway!
Me neither.
Greg Lewis, Prop.
Eyeball Engineering — Home of the dull toolbit.
Our motto: "That looks about right."
Celebrating 35 years of turning perfectly good metal into bits of useless scrap.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

That may be, but if one hopes to reap the full benefits of the board, they should. I do it every day, even on topics that hold no interest for me. Amazing, the things I learn by doing so.

That said, the policy of not double posting should be reason enough ------ to say nothing of folks who occasionally post in the wrong forum.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.