85th Anniversary Meet at Montreal - Reminder

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

steamingdon

Re: 85th Anniversary Meet at Montreal - Reminder

Post by steamingdon »

one week and counting ! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :shock:
steamer
Steve Bratina

Post by Steve Bratina »

Start the elections without me. I won't be able to make the big show this year. Hope the four days turn out nice for you guys.
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

Very sorry to hear this news Steve. The Tinkerbells will carry on with the festivities and hoist a pint or two in your absence. 85 years, means a lot of celebrating.( I hope I can keep up ) :D 8)
steamer
10 Wheeler Rob

Post by 10 Wheeler Rob »

Will miss seeing your smiling face Steve. Hope to see you in August at PVLS.

Rob
Steve Bratina

Post by Steve Bratina »

Enough of me. Any idea what historic engines are going to be there?
Marty_Knox

Post by Marty_Knox »

Steve Bratina wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:56 pm Enough of me. Any idea what historic engines are going to be there?
I will have my Ralph Francis built 3 1/2" gauge Atlantic there.
It's still up in the air if I will be ready to fire it up.
I am still at the shop working on it.
Notice I didn't say 3/4" scale - it is more like a 1" scale locomotive in size.
Attachments
IMG_3494.JPG
IMG_3498.JPG
backyardrails

Post by backyardrails »

Hi Steve
I'll have the 3/4" scale CPR Jubilee out. Sorry you won't make it. I'll give you a call soon.
Bernie
tsph6500

Post by tsph6500 »

Sad to hear we will be running around without our Big Head. You realize that means we Tinks will likely vote you in for another 10-year sentence, I mean term, in absentia?

I'll be there with my 3/4" 4-6-0 (A.W. Leggett 1967) and 3/4" 2-8-4 (A.W. Leggett 1950s). I am bringing "Juicy Anna", the first locomotive of the MLS, finished in 1927. She is a 3/4" Box cab that ran off of a 3rd rail set-up. Display only for now.

Lizzy will be running her 3/4" 0-6-0ST (J. Turnbull 1952 - Lizzy's great grandfather) after a complete rebuild and paint job with that CNR green enamel, you gave me. It looks great! She will take the "Pickle Barrel" home to NJLS with her.

Glenn, Lizzy's husband, will be taking delivery of his 1-1/2" LE Mogul after a big rebuild as well. I think it was built in the early 70s. Those two love birds met and fell in love at that NJ Spring Meet a couple of years ago. You were there!

Rumours have it we may see the wreck train of Geo. Hildreth… but only the Larry knows…
Best regards,
Jim Leggett

Montreal Live Steamers
www.montreallivesteamers.org

A Founding Member of the Tinkerbell Scale Society - Northern Division
I'm an A.R.S.E. (Association of Railroad Steam Engineers)
Toad Swamp & Punk Hollow Railroad - Head Tycoon
The Juvenile Traction Company - CEO & Apprentice Machinist 3rd Class
White Mountain Central RR - Engineer & Fireman
elm53

Post by elm53 »

Hildreth's wreck train is loaded,along with A V&B 0-4-0 #2, buggy and hopper, Sir Don has Wee Angus, buggy and one if the Kirkwall Central shops box cars. A beauty no doubt! This stuff keeps getting heavier every year!
Tic ,tic,tic. Bang ,bang ,bang, here we go again. See you Friday!
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

Well it`s in the history books now. The 85th anniversary of MLS has past, and I for one was glad to be a guest of such a fine,fun, hard working club like MLS. Their helpfulness and friendliness is unbelievable, This club and it`s membership should be very proud of their clubs accomplishments over the last 85 years. I have personally known some of these members for 25 years and they are the best live steamers to be found anywhere. The highline rules once again! There were at a minimum of twenty highline engines in attendance and under steam. It is refreshing to see what and who is doing what. I wish MLS another 85 years of great success. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D People from England, furthest traveled by far. Marty Knox in from Michigan , guys from the Northeast, all had a great time. The meals provided were nothing less than stellar. Entertainment was 1st class and the beer flowed freely. (as it should) I am tired out for sure. but we will talk about this Meet for years to come. The track and steaming facilities were all in fine shape. The Bascule bridge is on of a kind I`m sure, so if you ever get a chance and gumption to travel to Canada with your machines you won`t be disappointed . :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D "ALL THE BEST TO MLS"
steamer
19copythree

Post by 19copythree »

M LS1.jpg
MLS12.jpg
19copythree

Post by 19copythree »

MLS18.jpg
MLS24.jpg
MLS22.jpg