1 1/2 scale Cagney type locomotive

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

wbarbe

1 1/2 scale Cagney type locomotive

Post by wbarbe »

I know there is a company making new 15in gauge copies of the Cagney amusement park locomotive but many years ago I thought I remember a company in Texas was going to produce an 1 1/2 scale 7 1/2 gauge version of the Cagney.
Does anyone else remember this engine? Would love to know if any were actually built.
Thanks
Bill
Glenn Brooks

Re: 1 1/2 scale Cagney type locomotive

Post by Glenn Brooks »

I’ve only heard of one 1 1/2” scale Cagney, and that was a one off build of some sort... their may be others in private Hands. Anybody else know...?
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
Pontiacguy1

Post by Pontiacguy1 »

A few years ago there was a person who wanted to build a 1/2 scale Cagney, and it would have been 7 1/2" gauge, and that's all I've ever heard about any small-size Cagneys, or Ottaways, or Herschells... He wanted a model of a amusement park locomotive, not a model of a full-size locomotive. It would be great to hear if it ever got completed or what ever became of the project.
Jacob's dad

Post by Jacob's dad »

There was a person here in Florida that had a 7-1/4" Cagney in his living room that he built in the N.E. part of the country many years ago. I do not know if he is even still alive, but it was in a picture of Live Steam when I was a kid.