More home movies 1970's Clint Ensworth, etc

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Sandiapaul

More home movies 1970's Clint Ensworth, etc

Post by Sandiapaul »

Here are some more home movies my dad took in the early 1970's.

We open with Bob Chrismann(SP?) of Erie Pa and his home track. Bob built a very nice NYC 2-8-2. He had just a normal city lot but he did some tricks with the loco to get it to go around very sharp curves. I remember Bob very well and he was a awful nice guy. My dad and him were pretty good friends. My dad got him some prints of an L2 NYC Mohawk, I don't know if Bob ever got a start on it.

Next is some very much out of focus shots of my dads engine on our track at home. Sad as I don' think are any movies of the engine running on our own track. Sorry for the quality.

Last is some stuff at Clint Ensworth's track near Medina Ohio. The Bleils's brought their Pacific which can be seen a couple times. Clyde is running. I have more at the Ensworth track but it is not digitized as of yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xVhBp9DtFM
Rob Gardner

Re: More home movies 1970's Clint Ensworth, etc

Post by Rob Gardner »

Looking forward to watching this video. I got to visit Bob a couple years before he passed away in Erie. His track was still in place around the house and crossed the driveway and sidewalk and had 25' radius curves. Sadly he donated his Mikado and cars to the museum in Northeast and they have no interest in operating the Mikado so it sits on display. They have a few hundred fee of track in a point to point layout where they give rides. Bob was a early proponent of vacuum brakes.

Rob Gardner
Rob Gardner

Post by Rob Gardner »

At the Ensworth's track can also be seen Fritz Birkheimer and his LE 0-6-0, Joe Whittaker and his B&O USRA Light Mike (Wayne Godshall currently has this engine) and the very last image appears to be Clint's own 4-6-4 Hudson. I think that is the Bleil's Atlantic before it was painted blue. I don't know who's LE American that is. Great stuff. Keep it coming, Paul!

Rob Gardner
Steve Bratina

Post by Steve Bratina »

Used to always see Bob Christman and his wife at the Finger Lakes meets in the 1980's. He had a picture book of how he changed the engine from a gas driven model to a live steamer. I wonder if that book is still around. Bob and I used to compare notes on our state of the art, oversized, mini video cameras.
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

Stevie,
You must have some great footage also. :D
steamer
Steve Bratina

Post by Steve Bratina »

Jim has all the classic stuff. I just have Schmutz.