Live steam brotherhood in Idaho?

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

rwmorris

Live steam brotherhood in Idaho?

Post by rwmorris »

Hey Gang,

We're looking into a possible move to Idaho in the future and wondered if there were any known tracks that were operational or possibly in the build phase up here. We are looking at the Treasure Valley/Boise area.

Thanks,

RM
Glenn Brooks

Re: Live steam brotherhood in Idaho?

Post by Glenn Brooks »

I think there are one or two private tracks in the Spokane/Idaho panhandle region. But no club tracks that I’ve heard of... there are also a couple of groups of people in Idaho and Washington interested in forming a park gauge railroad - discussing 15” and 18” gauge.

Maybe be a spark plug and work on getting something started! I’ll bet you would see a fair bit of interest.

Glenn
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
rockhopjohn

Post by rockhopjohn »

I live in Boise, and am just starting to get back into live steam. From what I can tell, the closest clubs are several hours away, in Bend, Oregon, or Salt Lake City. There is an individual with quite a private track in the Treasure Valley, he is also a Train Mountain board member. I spoke with him over the phone a few months ago, and need to touch base again to see if I can go out and visit his layout. I would definitely like to touch base with any other live steam enthusiasts in Treasure Valley.
rwmorris

Post by rwmorris »

Thanks Guys,

I'll do a touch more research on that fella's track in the area.

We will see what happens!

~RM
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

relocate to the Northeast, plenty of tracks ( Highline) and it would be great to have you and your family here.
steamer
rwmorris

Post by rwmorris »

steamingdon wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:15 am relocate to the Northeast, plenty of tracks ( Highline) and it would be great to have you and your family here.
Tempting! Big decisions for sure...

~RM
steamjunky

Post by steamjunky »

i am really thinking about moving up there next year.. I will build a good size layout if i do.